British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Free Wifi or internet cafe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/free-wifi-internet-cafe-837496/)

mrs Bucket Jun 27th 2014 4:20 pm

Free Wifi or internet cafe

Hi

I am travelling to Barbados at the last minute on Sunday to visit relatives for a week.

I will be staying in Christchurch (Inch Marlow) and wondered if there were any wifi spots and internet cafe around.

This is my first visit since 1999 and will be on my own. First time meeting Grandmother and brother!

Thanks

Serendipidy Jun 28th 2014 11:34 am

Re: Free Wifi or internet cafe

Hey..sorry cant help you with that info but have a great time on your trip

Dips

mrs Bucket Jun 28th 2014 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Serendipidy (Post 11317999)
Hey..sorry cant help you with that info but have a great time on your trip

Dips

Thank you Dips, I will.

Sunniebgi Jun 30th 2014 10:50 am

sorry to answer this after you arrival.. there are more and more locations that have free internet.. but I'm not 100pct certain I can help with in the Inch Marlow area. I know Lanterns Mall has free wifi.. that's on the south coast in the Hastings Area..

mrs Bucket Jul 11th 2014 9:33 pm

Thank you Sunniebigi as it turns out the house I was renting had wifi but it was playing the fool, so had a lovely week internet free instead!

bajan_perspective Mar 14th 2015 11:20 pm

mrs. Bucket: I know you've long since returned from your trip, but on the off chance you go again, there is a lovely breakfast place called Happy Days in the Chattel House Village in St. Lawrence Gap where you can get a hearty English breakfast and free Wi Fi.

AnthonyNYC Mar 15th 2015 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by mrs Bucket (Post 11317189)
Hi

I am travelling to Barbados at the last minute on Sunday to visit relatives for a week.

I will be staying in Christchurch (Inch Marlow) and wondered if there were any wifi spots and internet cafe around.

This is my first visit since 1999 and will be on my own. First time meeting Grandmother and brother!

Thanks

I was in Barbados recently and picked up free wifi hot spots all over. I don't think you'll have a problem if you're willing to drive a bit.

Anthony

mrs Bucket Mar 16th 2015 12:36 am

Thank you, I will remember this for my next visit!

Sunniebgi Mar 16th 2015 11:49 am

Funny thing about hotspots Anthony.. I currently work a temp position at Limegrove. they Centre itself has a "hotspot" listed.. but never ever works.. was told this has been the case since day 1. There is one restaurant that has open wifi, it's it's funny to see the people who just go prop up against a wall around the outside of this place and connect for a short check on their phones...