Football in Barbados

Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Danph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Football in Barbados

Hi guys,

I just received a job offer to come and work on a construction job in barbados for a couple of years, and was looking to find out some information about it first.

Basically the main deciding factor will be, how easy is it to watch football (soccer) over there? I know it's sad, but without football I'd go mental.

I've had a look around the forums and it seems from other threads that food is about the same cost as in England, is that correct please?

Thanks in advance
Dan
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Re: Football in Barbados

This is pretty funny! Well there is DTV and a bunch of SportsBar/Pubs where they show the games so you should be fine. If you require nothing else you will be absolutely fine here in Barbados.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

expat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really nice

Absolutely.....you can see all the Champions League and UK Premiership matches....i know that for a fact....my partner watches them all (i don't!)
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Danph is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great thanks! another thing for the positives list.

and now for a few more serious questions, do you know what kind of hours construction workers work over there? also, how many national holidays are there a year?