Finding work in Barbados

Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:53 am
Just Joined

uktrinibajan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Finding work in Barbados

wonder if anyone can help me. i have an interesting situation
i was born in the uk, my dad was born trini and lived in bim all his life, his dad was bajan. my sister is bajan being born there!
due to visiting family frequently i have many many friends there and when im in the uk i miss it soo much. however i never even considered applying for citizenship untill last year when i was told that ......

my father wasnt born there,
my father now lives in uk,
my father's bajan passport has expired,
i was only eligible for a pass port before i was 18.
too which i replyed ' my whole family live here!!!'

i have come to terms with this massive disapointment but now plan to be in barbados for 6months spring/summer.

i now hold citizenship of T&T (as well as uk) does this aid me whatsoever with finding work in barbados?
otherwise i guess im gonna be 1 lonely chap in trinidad!!!

love the site guys,

ben
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Getting a job in Barbados

only jus got my citizenship and just turned 19 so i a relative baby to all this, just checked it out now, there appears to be hope!! thanks
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:52 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finding work in Barbados

well you hold Caricom status so imagine it would help you - but you hold a T+T passport I think rather than T+T citizenship (unless you're living in T+T).

I got my T+T passport through my mother being born Trini and I hold Caricom status and now have residency in the Grenadines - which helps alot in terms of employment on any of the islands where they may be considering expats ... and then in walks a Caricom member making it alot easier!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Finding work in Barbados

Originally Posted by islandmom
well you hold Caricom status so imagine it would help you - but you hold a T+T passport I think rather than T+T citizenship (unless you're living in T+T).

I got my T+T passport through my mother being born Trini and I hold Caricom status and now have residency in the Grenadines - which helps alot in terms of employment on any of the islands where they may be considering expats ... and then in walks a Caricom member making it alot easier!
thanks island mom and yes that is what i meant. plan is coming together now. cant wait to get back to barbados.