Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Family questions moving to Barbados

Family questions moving to Barbados

Old May 9th 2007, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

juanjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Family questions moving to Barbados

Hi all,

We are planning to move to Barbados and would like to have some advise before making the final decission. Any help will be extremely welcomed:

Middle management avg salary for an expat
Paid vacation leave per year
Monthly (or daily or per hour) cost for domestic help (I have three kids so some help is needed at home)
Quality of health system (hospitals,...)
Quality and cost of schools (2 to 5 years old)

Thanks for your help
Old May 9th 2007, 10:10 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family questions moving to Barbados

Originally Posted by juanjo
Hi all,

We are planning to move to Barbados and would like to have some advise before making the final decission. Any help will be extremely welcomed:

Middle management avg salary for an expat
Paid vacation leave per year
Monthly (or daily or per hour) cost for domestic help (I have three kids so some help is needed at home)
Quality of health system (hospitals,...)
Quality and cost of schools (2 to 5 years old)

Thanks for your help

Hi to you,

1) salaries are hugely varied - no way of telling you an "average" fugure
2) vacation is determined by which company you work for
3) not sure - sorry
4) reasonable public health care, better to go private
5) see threads about schools in Barbados .. theres loads of advice already posted very recently
Old May 10th 2007, 2:41 am
Just Joined

juanjo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the tips. As our children are very small 4, 2 years and 5 months, getting help at home is quite important. Any idea if it is easy to get and about salaries??
Old May 10th 2007, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road

Hi juanjo,

regarding a nanny I cant give you exact information, I just got the approx. salary for a maid, which is about BD$ 50,- per day, but could be more and depends on how many hours this person will have to work.
As for nannies, you should also look at the ads in the NationNews online, there I saw some recent ads from women looking for such jobs.
I donĀ“t think, getting a nice elder woman for looking after your kids and maybe also the household would be a problem, since there are many women looking for a job.
Old May 10th 2007, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by juanjo
Thanks for the tips. As our children are very small 4, 2 years and 5 months, getting help at home is quite important. Any idea if it is easy to get and about salaries??
Should look in the" getting a job" thread!
Good luck!