Extension of stay

Old Mar 29th 2017, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Pja93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extension of stay

If I enter Barbados and get stamped for 3 months .
Then before the 3 months is up (maybe 4 weeks before) i apply for a extension ... what is a good enough reason to stay ?
And what if you don't hear back from them by the time your 3 months is up ?
Do you have to leave anyway or can you stay until you hear back ?

Has anybody booked a 6 months return ticket and then been granted 3 months on arrival and then applied for extension ?

Or is it best to book a 3 month return ticket and then get it changed with flight company to a further 3 months once there and then apply ?

Thanks
Old Mar 30th 2017, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extension of stay

Originally Posted by Pja93
If I enter Barbados and get stamped for 3 months .
Then before the 3 months is up (maybe 4 weeks before) i apply for a extension ... what is a good enough reason to stay ?
And what if you don't hear back from them by the time your 3 months is up ?
Do you have to leave anyway or can you stay until you hear back ?

Has anybody booked a 6 months return ticket and then been granted 3 months on arrival and then applied for extension ?

Or is it best to book a 3 month return ticket and then get it changed with flight company to a further 3 months once there and then apply ?

Thanks
The airline may refuse boarding unless you show return within allowed period. In your case it would be (as you say) 90 days. May be best to book fairly flexible fare which allows to change rtn flight if you get ext. of stay.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 3:59 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extension of stay

Hi i see you have posted this question elsewhere but its best to contain it in one post - what are your reasons for going to barbados what do you plan to do there etc all of these questions will be asked by immigration so to help you get the right answers its best to set up one post with your outline of your situation and what you are trying to achieve - if you ask your questions in isolation you might get confusing feedback