Expats already in Barbados

Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough
Default Expats already in Barbados

Morning everyone,

OK just a quick question, when the time came to leave and move did you find it hard?

I leave next week and even though I am sure I will love my new life I am really finding it hard to think about leaving this one behind... I'm hoping this is normal and once I am there any doubts and worries will melt away...

Leaving my friends is so upsetting, and I know even though we have msn and webcams it'll be a lot easier. Also my 2 yr old will really miss her friends and I feel guilty for that and taking her away from her daddy...

Anyway am I normal or should I not be having these doubts? (Maybe being 20wks pg and full of hormones don't help too much either )

Just looking for reassurance...

Thanks,

Shines
Old Jun 16th 2007, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Rumswizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expats already in Barbados

Originally Posted by shines
Morning everyone,

OK just a quick question, when the time came to leave and move did you find it hard?

I leave next week and even though I am sure I will love my new life I am really finding it hard to think about leaving this one behind... I'm hoping this is normal and once I am there any doubts and worries will melt away...

Leaving my friends is so upsetting, and I know even though we have msn and webcams it'll be a lot easier. Also my 2 yr old will really miss her friends and I feel guilty for that and taking her away from her daddy...

Anyway am I normal or should I not be having these doubts? (Maybe being 20wks pg and full of hormones don't help too much either )

Just looking for reassurance...

Thanks,

Shines
I'm not in Barbados yet but have lived overseas and done the "move" thing a few times already. It is perfectly normal to feel the way you are feeling right now (and especially pg too), you wouldn't be human. The mixed range of emotions can be quite unsettling at times, but you will come thru it all ......it's going to be small steps all the way til you get to a place/comfort zone you feel ok with. Some get there quicker than other.....but enjoy it all and think about all the new friends you have yet to meet and the new relaxed life you will have!

Good luck on all fronts........we'll be out in mid Aug .......so see you then!

RS
Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much... I was sure it was normal but sometimes you lose sight of things. I was so excited about it all until the last month or so and then the doubts have started to creep in...

I have decided to tell myself, in my mind, that I am going to give it a year to see how things settle down and I am sure by then I will have no thought of returning to the UK!

When do you arrive, where are you going to be staying?

Thanks again

S x
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road

Hi shines,

we will move to Barbados probably this summer or latest in January, and I can tell you - donĀ“t worry, it is normal to think like you sometimes. But you will see, once you settled down you will be so happy to be there and to have done this step!!!
I will be in BB for 3 weeks in July, so if you want to meet......???

Belinda
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

I feel that way all of the time-- but once I find myself driving around in BB with my husband I feel at home, I love it. So yes I am scared but it will be totally worth it.

PS My son will be 2 in July and needs lots of playmates!
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zanne
I feel that way all of the time-- but once I find myself driving around in BB with my husband I feel at home, I love it. So yes I am scared but it will be totally worth it.

PS My son will be 2 in July and needs lots of playmates!
my little one is going to be 2 at the end of this month! We must get together too.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Oh great--right now I am going back and forth bet NYC and BB but we are getting ready to join my husband for good. Where do you live? We live in Ch.Ch.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zanne
Oh great--right now I am going back and forth bet NYC and BB but we are getting ready to join my husband for good. Where do you live? We live in Ch.Ch.
We hope to be in ChCh..............so it won't be far especially as it's a small place!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Excellent, we must get together when you all arrive, Bella will be 3 in August and loves to have friends to play with! (me too )

Thank you all so much,

Sue
Old Jun 17th 2007, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road

Would be so great to meet you all there, seems that there will be a big "BE"-crowd living there soon
My daughter will be 11 in October, but she loves to be with small children, she is like a "nanny" once she has the chance to be with babies or smaller kids...;
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

expat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really nice

I will also be in Barbados mid July if anyone fancies meeting up. I have a home in Christ Church - unfortunately not able to live there full time due to family commitments, but spend my time going back and forth for now.