British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   entertainer work in barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/entertainer-work-barbados-582208/)

kezspot Jan 6th 2009 3:06 pm

entertainer work in barbados

Please can you tell me if there are any opportunities for young professional entertainers in barbados?Thanku

Serendipidy Jan 6th 2009 3:39 pm

Re: entertainer work in barbados

Define professional entertainer? You juggle sing what lol?

Dipidy

kezspot Jan 6th 2009 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Serendipidy (Post 7133062)
Define professional entertainer? You juggle sing what lol?

Dipidy

Well I am a professional choreographer, dancer and singer. I have worked on cruiseships, danced and sung with various pop cover girl groups. My partner is a professional vocalist and has worked with some top musicians, but in more recent yrs has been working with top pop cover bands around europe.
www.therealfunkymonkey.co.uk

Serendipidy Jan 6th 2009 7:35 pm

In my opinion one of the things mixing from Barbados is a night scene for "big people" lol. There is very little adult entertainment that does not whining up and alchohol now dont get me wrong im all for that but sometimes ya wanna do something grown and sedate. I have long said there is a market here for a night at one of the restaurants or clubs that includes dinner and dance and a show - there is the plantation show which features the local cultural dances etc but is aimed at tourists but there is really nothing like a cabaret night to my knowledge - I for one would like to attend one of there was ie a good singing act, a comedian and a chicken in basket type dinner with dancing after.

Hope you and some others can investigate the niche

Good luck

Dipidy

kezspot Jan 6th 2009 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Serendipidy (Post 7133819)
In my opinion one of the things mixing from Barbados is a night scene for "big people" lol. There is very little adult entertainment that does not whining up and alchohol now dont get me wrong im all for that but sometimes ya wanna do something grown and sedate. I have long said there is a market here for a night at one of the restaurants or clubs that includes dinner and dance and a show - there is the plantation show which features the local cultural dances etc but is aimed at tourists but there is really nothing like a cabaret night to my knowledge - I for one would like to attend one of there was ie a good singing act, a comedian and a chicken in basket type dinner with dancing after.

Hope you and some others can investigate the niche

Good luck

Dipidy

Thankyou for your kind words and advice, we would be interested to find out how many people feel the same, as a venture of this kind would cost major investment (work permits,business and relocation costs)time and commitment. We have successfully achieved the type of entertainment and events you have mentioned in other countries, we are currently located in North Cyprus, but feel it's time to move on.We will continue to research into local musicians and dancers, plus insure that there is a sufficient need for this type of entertainment in barbados. Thankyou again for your input, and if you have anymore information,it would be gratefully recieved.