Dual Citizenship

Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:58 am
Just Joined

bimshiredawta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dual Citizenship

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
Zanne, it all depends on the shortest line.. you don't have to go into the citizen line, even if you are one. Althought having said that they have the "snake" or did last summer, assuming they still do, so it all depends on how many people are in either line.

but yes, we go through the citizen/caricom line, if we want to.
That snake was a much appreciated improvement
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:49 am
Just Joined

nikkie09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Dual Citizenship

I travel into Barbados on my US Passport, but have barbados citizenship papers that I travel with as well.

my 3 children travel in and out on a US Passport, but it shows they were born in Barbados so there is no problem arriving into Barbados.
hello. can someone help with a question i hav , i live in the uk and am planning on moving over to barbados with my husband and children[9y,3y],what it is is that i will have citizenship as my father is from barbados, but will my children be entitled and what about my husband as they were all born here in the uk??can anyone please help us,,,thankyou
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

You can gain citizenship by descent and then you can apply on behalf of your children.

Your husband can gain permanent residence - as a man married to a "bajan" woman that is what he can get. For a woman married to a bajan man - she can get citizenship.

HTH S
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Thankyou for your quick reply its very much appreciated,could you just possibly give me one more piece of information, will he need a work permit then if hes classed as a resident,?thankyou i hope you can help....nikkie
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Lindi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nikki

You don't say when you're planning to move to Barbados but if it's in a year or so, your best bet is to try and get your citizenship here in the UK before you go. My daughter and I have just submitted the forms into the Barbados High Commission in London in May and it was all pretty straight forward. Just a matter of waiting now to be granted dual nationality.

You could email the High Commission. [email protected], or ring 020 76314975 for advice and paperwork. You will also need to book an interview with the Commissioner once your paperwork has been completed.

Sorry, can't help you with regard to work permits.

Hope it helps anyway.

L

L
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:58 am
Just Joined

hi
and thankyou fo ryour help , i have all the paperwork,just waiting for mother and father to mail me there birth certificates, how long once i send them of will i hear about wether i have citizenship? thankyou
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Lindi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nikki

You will need to ring the High Commission in London and make an appointment for you and your family to see the Commissioner or his deputy. You will need to take your paperwork with you plus your British passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates etc. Oh and the fees.

My circumstances was slightly different to yours in that my husband is a Bajan national but both our daughter and myself are British, I'm sure they will advise you when you call for an appointment.

I was told it would take between 6-12 months before we are given citizenship, but I'm not holding my breath

L
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nikkie09
Thankyou for your quick reply its very much appreciated,could you just possibly give me one more piece of information, will he need a work permit then if hes classed as a resident,?thankyou i hope you can help....nikkie
If he has permanent residence then he will not need a work permit...
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

thankyou , much appreciated from you all on all the info,,,thankyou
Old Nov 5th 2008, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

joseyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I travel into Barbados on my US Passport, but have barbados citizenship papers that I travel with as well.

my 3 children travel in and out on a US Passport, but it shows they were born in Barbados so there is no problem arriving into Barbados.
I have dual Canadian and Barbadian Citizenship - no problem. Barbados does not require surrendering another passport to gain citizenship.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

bimchick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shines
If he has permanent residence then he will not need a work permit...
Until he has permanent residence he will need a work permit tho.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

grassisgreener is an unknown quantity at this point

I have dual citizenship too - British and Bajan, it's not a problem.