Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Dream over before it's begun?

Dream over before it's begun?

Old May 18th 2008, 6:50 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dream over before it's begun?

hey steph its me lol

My phone stolen so not got your number in the UK - will be here another month so either text me on my english mobile or send me an email hun so we can catch up - I can call you from work

Speak soon

xx
Old May 20th 2008, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Stephanie_77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi you! Sending you a PM with my home/work numbers honey. I stupidly left my phone at Leo's house and his dad isn't bringing it over for me til next month

Stephanie
x
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:54 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Speak Soon
x
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

onelove1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stephanie,

I've been reading this thread and I DO agree with what people have been saying about Bajan men....but hear this, I am with a JAMAICAN! You can't beat those guys. I have heard so many stories, I have been yelled at by Jamaica woman telling me to stay away.

I have been with my guy for seven months, seeing eachother for only 2 weeks out of those seven months. We talk EVERYDAY, I trust him more then I would trust any guy I met here (in Toronto Canada by the way).

What I am saying, is go with your gut instinct. That is all you can really do at this point, and at the distance that you are at!!!

I plan on moving to Barbados to be with my man, he got a job offer there that pays about 4 x what he was getting in Jamaica. So far I will be there for one month, and hopefully get a job there.

How has your luck panned out for you so far??
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Zanne, I just sent you a private message. Can't wait to hear from you!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Dragged my self all over town today...resting now...I will get back to you in a bit!
Old Jun 8th 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Stephanie_77 is an unknown quantity at this point

OneLove - Things are going well with me and Leo. We're taking it a day at a time and not rushing into anything. It's been 7 months for us too, and we talk every day on the phone and on webcam. I've been to see him 3 times, he's been here to see me over here. I'm back over next month for 4 weeks which will be nice, and we're hopping over to St Lucia together for 5 days for my birthday. He's a real genuine guy, his friends and family are all wonderful people, and, yes, I trust him He hasn't given me a reason not to. Good luck with your situation as well - keep us updated!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Stephanie, it is great to hear you are able to see eachother so often.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend is from Jamaica, and for him to come to Canada is basically out of the question.

This is part of the reason why he is moving to Barbados. For a better life and job. So, we both figured that if he was in Barbados then I would have a better opportunity of getting a job there, rather then Jamaica.

Anyway, I hope you have a great month down there!! I know I will love it once I get down there for a month myself on July 21!!!

Good Luck!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Unless you have a work permit you will not be able to work and work permits are not easy to get... You need to research it before you move over...

S
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Rumswizz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shines
Unless you have a work permit you will not be able to work and work permits are not easy to get... You need to research it before you move over...

S
Most true!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Hey there RS and shines...I 3rd that, I think I have grey hairs from the whole immigration process!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey Zanne,

I have to wait up to 3 years to get citizenship, as I have only just got married, they want to make sure it is not a marriage of convenience.

Fair enough I suppose as they need to police immigration although we do have a baby together!

Here's to them giving me a lengthy extension next week.

S
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

She told you 3 years, holy cow. So when can you be interviewed. So you could in theory get residency first...
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ask for 6 months...
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

I will, hoping I will get 6 months, my daughter and husband are both Bajan after all and I am not leaving the country and leaving my baby behind

They have recently clamped down on citizenship which I can understand to a degree but you would think having a baby together would give us some advantage. Anway we know a man who knows a woman and we may be able to get it in a year but that would be the very best to expect...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.