Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Dream over before it's begun?

Dream over before it's begun?

Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:57 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dream over before it's begun?

Hi Pussygap Doll

I saw Audrey just yesterday for a chat - she lives near me i can say hi if ya give me a name - unless she knows you as doll lol

Steph RE DVD's it depends on the region which is written on the back of the DVD box - we are in region for USA (i think UK is region 2 but not sure) unless you have a multi regional DVD player (funny the cheaper ones from shop smart turned out to be multi regional so will play any region) otherwise the UK ones wont play on the USA system
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Stephanie_77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ladies!

Pussygapdoll - Like Serendipidy said, what's your name? I'm sure I'll be seeing Audrey and would also be happy to pass on your 'hello'.

Serendipidy - Do you drink at Ocean 11 often? Maybe it would be easy to meet up for a drink one day seeing as I'm staying literally round the corner from there.

Stephanie
x
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:30 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

oops i got a feeling her name might be jackie lol

let me know which jackie tho pussygap as she probably knows a few from working at oceans
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Serendipidy (not sure if you want your real name on here). It was really lovely to meet up with you hon' - and like I said, you were a wealth of information. And thanks for the toast! We'll meet up again when I'm next out there. And of course, I shall keep you informed of developments between me and you-know-who

Stephanie
x
Old Dec 10th 2007, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

pussygapdoll is an unknown quantity at this point

hi stephanie

i bet you are missing barbados already will be there in 4 weeks time. i would like to know serendipidy name as i when i speak to audrey i can mention her.
glad you had a good holiday

jackie
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

aries76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Stephanie

Just wondering if you managed to sort things and you are living out in Barbados now and if so how you did it? Did you manage to get a job etc?

I am in the same position and my boyfriend lives over there and he wants me to move over there. My friend is moving over in September as she has citizenship so I would live with her but its proving impossible to get a job as a legal secretary as I can't get a permit unless I am married. Do you know if I come over to study whether I could work or would I have to have enough savings to last me a year whilst studying?

I hope things are working out for you. I am coming over in May for a week and have an interview with a law firm but I can imagine as soon as they realise I don't have relatives over there I won't get the job :-(

Hope to hear back from you and hear how you are getting on.
Old May 8th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, no I'm still in the UK. Going back and forth to see my guy over there regularly. Just got back today in fact after a week of sunshine and happiness! Basically, there is no chance for work out there. I'm no longer thinking about going over permenantly. Instead I'm going to do what others do (who I've met over there) and that's work work work in this country (two jobs if I have to), save save save and then head over for as many months as I can. Then come back here, do the same, then go back. That's the way it's just gonna have to be. For people like us who are non-professionals and don't have desirable skills required on the island, there really are no work opportunities. Sad but true. But don't give up going on out there - a few months, or even 6 months, of the year is better than nothing at all right?
Old May 9th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Don't give up Stephanie! I start my new job Tuesday...
Old May 9th 2008, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

What are you going to be doing over there Zanne? I'm only a secretary

Also, I believe you're married to a Bajan aren't you? I don't see that happening with me. After my divorce, I'm a bit put off by the whole marraige thing right now

I know things may change in the future, but certainly right now it's not possible for me to work over there. Sooo I'm happy going back and forth to see Leo as and when I can ....... for now Ask me again in 6 months and I'll probably tell ya something different! he he
Old May 9th 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

pussygapdoll is an unknown quantity at this point

hi stephanie

hope you are well. glad to hear everything is ok. like you i am going to barbados as much as i can. i dont seem to get enough days holidays lol.
i was there january. and will be there for a month soon.
try looking at newmont.co.uk have cheaper flights to the carribean.

you never know one day lol

pgd
Old May 9th 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

I am an Architect...
Old May 9th 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

PGD - Have a great month over there! I'm jealous!!!

Zanne - Can I be your secretary then? LOL
Old May 10th 2008, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zanne
I am an Architect...
ooh you have a new job...

Congratulations to you! Are you looking forward to starting?

S x
Old May 10th 2008, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey shines, yes I am! I am juggling so much now! I am still working on my small home business and trying to keep it going, plus gardening also known as miniature farming! How was your trip?
Old May 11th 2008, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

oh lord, the trip was freezing. Was sooo glad to get home!

Keep juggling...

S x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.