disruptive neighbours :(

Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

minisoufka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default disruptive neighbours :(

Are police interested in this kind of stuff? I mean - if I complained about the neighbours partying at night?
We were kept awake most of the night (second time this week), even after I told them to turn the music off (which they did, but kept on shouting etc.). I was fuming but couldn't really use any tangible threat. Would the police actualy come and sort it?
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

bimchick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: disruptive neighbours :(

I doubt the police would do anything. Your lucky if the police come when there's a robbery...
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

expat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really nice

Noise pollution just doesn't seem to be an issue here. Our neighbours have 5 dogs (4 jack russells & a doberman) that bark all the time and frequently wake me during the night. Also a neighbour that has the TV turned up SO loud.....over the weekend was until the early hours of the morning. I tell my husband (bajan) we should complain......he just laughs at me.

So i can sympathise with you, but can't offer a solution i'm afraid....apart from ear plugs, that is.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks girls, at least I won't make a fool of myself threatening them with police who wouldn't come anyway

PS. Why am I not surprised at what you've written?
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:40 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minisoufka
Thanks girls, at least I won't make a fool of myself threatening them with police who wouldn't come anyway

PS. Why am I not surprised at what you've written?

Sometimes it doesn't pay to call the police even in the US, or anywhere else, when it comes to people keeping you up at night. If it gets to bad, you could call your closest police station and ask what you should do about it and at least see what they say.

There is a church in the village behind our house that when it gets rocking.. well it gets rocking.. lucky for us, they know when to quit..
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

If they keep me up at night again, I will make sure I put my stereo on full at 6am
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

I suggest earplugs...in our locale we have Karaoke, at least 4 Churches with various meeting schedules, a neighbor boy that awakes at 5:00am to play the recorder, a semi-adult neighbor who thinks he is going to win Barbados Idol, and to top it all off 8 barking dogs surrounding our house (there used to be 9 dogs until one met with an unfortunate accident.)

There is always Carl Moore's Society For a Quieter Barbados:

http://www.nationnews.com/story/344185038018261.php

They are at it as we speak, drums, piano, vocals...SPEAKERS!!!

Last edited by zanne; Dec 10th 2008 at 10:28 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 12:22 am
Just Joined

YankeeGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Zanne,it sounds like you live in my building here in NYC.LOL! I moved back to the city (from Queens)because I missed the convience but I forgot about the constant horn blowing! Right now I am listening to my downstairs neighbors music and vaccum. My next door neighbor has his plasma mounted to the common wall so I'm listening to that as well.Tomorrow it's gonna be cold, rainy and noisy. I miss the beach,the sunshine, and the laid back vibe and can't wait to move to beautiful BIM! BTW, the superintendent just told me the noise I'm hearing is actually a sander (not a vaccum) because my neighbor is working on his hardwood floors. Sorry about the long reply,I just wanted to share some of my frustrations with living in NYC which is why I'm in the process of trying to move to a place where I know I'll be happier.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

LOL we are ex-NY'ers...this racket makes NYC look like a cow farm in the countryside-- I have experienced subway tunnel drills, garbage trucks, fireworks, frat boys, nightclubs, bodegas...none get close.

Oops...I forgot to mention gunshots back in the day in Alphabet City...which is now the East Village.

Last edited by zanne; Dec 11th 2008 at 12:52 am.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 12:58 am
Just Joined

YankeeGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh jeez. I thought NYC was the loudest city in the world and I've lived in Sicily.LOL!
Old Dec 12th 2008, 9:08 am
Just Joined

NonBritish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minisoufka
Are police interested in this kind of stuff? I mean - if I complained about the neighbours partying at night?
We were kept awake most of the night (second time this week), even after I told them to turn the music off (which they did, but kept on shouting etc.). I was fuming but couldn't really use any tangible threat. Would the police actualy come and sort it?
There's a simple electronic device - white noise generator. When you turn it on, a wide interference wave is created which makes all loudspeakers within a sertain range scream. It helped we with my ex-neighbour few years ago...
Old Dec 12th 2008, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NonBritish
There's a simple electronic device - white noise generator. When you turn it on, a wide interference wave is created which makes all loudspeakers within a sertain range scream. It helped we with my ex-neighbour few years ago...
Brilliant!
Old Dec 12th 2008, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fionamw
Brilliant!
U R welcomed 2 use any other of my knowledge & Xperience!
Old Dec 12th 2008, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NonBritish
U R welcomed 2 use any other of my knowledge & Xperience!
thanks....mind you we've no near neighbours where we are now, but I'd kill for one of those thingies when you're on the beach and some loud family turns up and then to add insult to injury switches on a transistor within 8ft....which happens too much for my liking.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fionamw
thanks....mind you we've no near neighbours where we are now, but I'd kill for one of those thingies when you're on the beach and some loud family turns up and then to add insult to injury switches on a transistor within 8ft....which happens too much for my liking.
One can easily find a tiny portable WNG!