British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Details for British Womens Club (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/details-british-womens-club-862816/)

JoanneG16 Aug 2nd 2015 11:15 pm

Details for British Womens Club

Hi
My hubby and I have been here 5 weeks now and I've only just heard about the British Womens Club.
I've been an expat wife for 6 years in Africa and these clubs really help to get you started sociably, but my online searches in Barbados have drawn a blank.
Can anyone give me contact details for this club?
Thanks in advance.

PrincessBananaHamock Aug 3rd 2015 1:08 am

Re: Details for British Womens Club

I found this on the Internet if it helps? I've never been to anything like this and I'm moving in 3 days to Barbados are they fun?

www.bwcmoscow.co.uk
British Women's Club
Share This Profile
All 2 people verified
People
Set Alert
Company Background & Description
Company Description: The British Women's Club is a non-profit social club for women. We meet regularly over a cup of coffee and have an organised programme of activities for members and their families (see sidebar folders). Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like further information. If you would like us to call you back, please include your telephone number. We hold our monthly meeting in the British Embassy and, because of the security issues, our membership is only open to British passport holders and spouses or partners of British passport holders. If you are a foreign national with a British spouse/partner, you are required to provide a copy of your spouse/partner's passport when you join for security reasons. Those who do not meet these criteria will be unable to join us at the monthly Embassy meetings but will be made welcome at the weekly coffee mornings at Koffein.

Sunniebgi Aug 3rd 2015 1:20 am

HI... I have info on the British Womens Club.. I will send it to you in a private message as I'm not sure they want certain info public.

having said that.. their normal meeting is the 1st Tuesday in the month at the Main Guard building which is part of the Garrison Historical buildings. The stay active during the July and August (but don't have an actual meeting). Looks like they are having some coffee mornings and get togethers during this month

JoanneG16 Aug 3rd 2015 3:30 pm

@princessbananahamock - these clubs are great for meeting people, finding out more about the country you're living in and finding other groups that suit your interests.

JoanneG16 Aug 3rd 2015 3:35 pm

@Sunniebgi - not sure if you've sent the info yet as I don't see a message but thanks for your help so far. I'm a bit perplexed as to why the club is secretive about their info ... They usually are easy to find to encourage new expats to join.

Sunniebgi Aug 3rd 2015 5:04 pm

check your private messages.. I sent it last night. it's not that they are secretive.. but I'm not a member and sometimes these groups don't want all sorts of e-mail or info out there.. I'm actually the president of the American Women's Club and we have one e-mail address for the club that we have out there.. what I sent you was some upcoming events and the membership chair direct contact.

acoleby Aug 26th 2015 1:32 pm

Hi Joanne and welcome to Barbados!

The British Women's Club of Barbados are now contactable via Facebook. The link for their page is https://www.facebook.com/bwc.barbados. The contact email will be listed too on this. All events are listed on the Facebook page and the first monthly meeting is 1st September. Come along and say hi to a great bunch of ladies!

PrincessBananaHamock Sep 1st 2015 1:18 am

Hi Jo it's not letting me pm you I've tried loads of times they are not showing up. So please don't think I'm ignoring you xx

BEVS Sep 1st 2015 1:35 am

Hi there.

As far as I can tell from the system , there is nothing preventing the sending and receiving of PMs.

Have you checked your 'sent' box. Sent PMs show up there.

If there is nothing in your 'in box' perhaps the person simply hasn't replied.

PrincessBananaHamock Sep 1st 2015 2:01 am

I'll look but there are all our previous conversations from us both and she kindly invited me somewhere and I don't want it to look rude that I've not replied. Previously I've not had a problem just over the weekend.
I'm not great at technology and my internet isn't great unless I'm in a particular room. Thanks for the advice.

PrincessBananaHamock Sep 1st 2015 2:04 am

Hi I checked only the ones I sent tonight went so at least that's worked. Thanks for your advice xx

Serendipidy Sep 1st 2015 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by acoleby (Post 11733376)
Hi Joanne and welcome to Barbados!

The British Women's Club of Barbados are now contactable via Facebook. The link for their page is https://www.facebook.com/bwc.barbados. The contact email will be listed too on this. All events are listed on the Facebook page and the first monthly meeting is 1st September. Come along and say hi to a great bunch of ladies!

Hi this post was marked as spam but I have unspammed it as I know a number of women are asking for this information..Dips

JoanneG16 Sep 2nd 2015 11:17 pm

Thank you!
There is now a new Facebook page ... The British Women's Club of Barbados.
Check it out, leave a message and watch for events and the next meeting .