Courses

Old Apr 30th 2016, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

PrincessBananaHamock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Courses

Hi a friend and I are looking for ideas on courses. We are not looking for anything too serious but would love any information on language, art and history courses if anyone has any knowledge I would really appreciate it.
Something in the week/ daytime would be perfect. It's really to keep our brains active as an accompanying spouse whose not worked for three years now I'm starting to forget what my name is
Old May 1st 2016, 8:44 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Courses

The first thing I'll say is that most adult courses are generally done in the evenings.. depending on what it is. That's been my experience.. (or maybe it was just what I was looking for). You can check the Newspapers under Tuition in the want ads section and see what is being offered.

For Languages, I'd check with the Venezuelan Embassy for Spanish lessons and the https://www.facebook.com/alliancefrancaisedebridgetown/ for French lessons.

There are several artists that do painting lessons (not just the paint and drink sessions that seem to now be all over the place in Barbados) but real art lessons. Check with Art splash and see who they can recommend - Art Gallery | ArtSplash Barbados

Community Centres and a few churches offer different types of things.. from cooking to dressmaking etc..

Unfortunately I'm not sure about History courses.. but.. contact the Barbados Museum and see if they have any idea about that one. You may find one off things , seminars etc that you can also attend.

Good luck.
Old May 1st 2016, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for your information I'll check it all out. We actually fancy learning Spanish. � ����� ����� ����
Old May 1st 2016, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry those question marks were meant to be smiley faces
Old May 2nd 2016, 7:40 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

There are plentiful on-line courses, as an option. Groupon often has hugely-reduced prices (like £50 instead of £900, although it's questionable how many people ever pay the full amount), and a massive choice.
Old May 2nd 2016, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for that Bantaboy
Old May 3rd 2016, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

NYCPanda is an unknown quantity at this point

Coursera is also a good online place to look for classes (they are free and offered by US Top universities)

I just started going to beginner Yoga if you are interested in joining!

B
Old May 3rd 2016, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NYCPanda
Coursera is also a good online place to look for classes (they are free and offered by US Top universities)

I just started going to beginner Yoga if you are interested in joining!

B
Thank you so much. Id really love to go to yoga. I was going to aqua yoga but it finished due to low season.