Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Construction Work in Barbados

Construction Work in Barbados

Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

buster0204 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Construction Work in Barbados

Hi All

I am new here and looking for some info if poss. My partner and I have visited Barbados on many many occasions and now want to work/live there.

My partner is a builder/multi-skilled trades and with so much construction work going on there must be loads of work? Does anyone have any idea who we/he can approach?

Thanks
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:31 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Construction Work in Barbados

Welcome to the boards...

There are many construction companies in Barbados.. Many looking for employees.. however. not to sound like a broken record to some.. Please read carefully.

Barbados is not a country that you can just come to and start working. All legal employees who are not citizens or residents of Barbados or have the legal right to live and work here MUST have a work permit. These permits are requested by the employer and are not easy to come by.

The Barbados Immigration Office doesn't allow just anyone in to work and unless you have some fabulous skill that a Barbadian wouldn't have, you likely will not be granted a work permit (and then even with that fabulous skill you will likely be given the permit, required to teach that skill to a Barbadian and then be asked to leave once they can do that job.).

http://www.investbarbados.org/construction.php The last paragraph of this page lists some of the major construction companies in Barbados..