Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

cockleshell apartments fitts village and work

cockleshell apartments fitts village and work

Old May 27th 2010, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

tallsteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cockleshell apartments fitts village and work

can anyone tell me what the cockleshell apartments are like near fitts villiage,the views look amazing,i am going to be working at the new four seasons hotel being built at paradise beach and wondered how long it would take by bus to get to work or even walk i have looked on goggle earth and you can walk half the journey by road and then by beach which would be niceis this possible any feed back would be great cheers steve..
Old May 27th 2010, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Westcoastbajan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cockleshell apartments fitts village and work

Originally Posted by tallsteve
can anyone tell me what the cockleshell apartments are like near fitts villiage,the views look amazing,i am going to be working at the new four seasons hotel being built at paradise beach and wondered how long it would take by bus to get to work or even walk i have looked on goggle earth and you can walk half the journey by road and then by beach which would be niceis this possible any feed back would be great cheers steve..
I live in the Prospect area just South of Fitts Village. Doubt you would be able to walk far along the beach to work unless you had a really low tide. Because there are several places were the cliffs and reef would impede your walk but sometimes it is possible with a low Tide. Still it would only be a 20 minute walk to work not bad.
Old May 27th 2010, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

i did wonder that lol nice thought though,do you know the cockleshell apartments,is it a nice area to live.
Old May 27th 2010, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Westcoastbajan is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I know nothing about Cockshell apartments, there is a building called Cochshell just down the road from me and guess it the same place you are taking about. I've walked and driven past them on the road/beach and it is close to my beach house but never been inside. Just looked at the pictures on Aatman Real Estate and it looks a little dated but if your only paying $1,500 US a month for a 2 bedroom beach front property it's a great deal for Barbados. You will have some road noise...maybe a lot but the Sea is so nice and water so clear you will get use to the noise quickly. By the way I can see part of the Four Seasons from my home across the cove and can't wait till it finished :-)....So work quickly!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Mister Arsenal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve

would really like to have a chat about any work that maybe available, i know it's not the way to go about things but hey you never know lol!
Pipefitter/welder 20yrs UK trained.

Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

well fellow arsenal supporter i will keep you informed of any work there might be,i wont be there until the end of july ok
Old Jun 30th 2010, 12:11 am
Just Joined

Mister Arsenal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me Steve, i will still be here in July as I'm
doing some subbie work for BBC no not that BBC, Barbados Bottling Company over at Newton, just some st/st pipework alterations so stay in touch.

Mister Arsenal.