Citizenship

Old Mar 13th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Citizenship

Hi, for those of you that know me/ know my citizenship plight, well...I finally got it!!! I only have to go back to the 2nd floor at Immigration to pick up my certificate!!!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Stephanie_77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship

Congratulations honey!!!!!!!!! About time too!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Rumswizz is an unknown quantity at this point

Zanne - about time too! LOL Congrats..............only wish we never had to go to that lovely building ever again!

RS

Originally Posted by zanne View Post
Hi, for those of you that know me/ know my citizenship plight, well...I finally got it!!! I only have to go back to the 2nd floor at Immigration to pick up my certificate!!!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:37 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Zanne, and welcome to the club. How long did it take you again (not that we really want to bring that up). Mine was 15 1/2 years ago, and didn't take too long.. but..

I made a copy of mine, keep the original in a safe place, and travel with the copy with my other passport (so I have no problem getting back into Barbados).
Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

Almost 19 months...the time was really not a big deal because we had assumed a minimum of 2 years, it was really the run around that gave me a headache!!!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Yay - well done...! One last trip to the lovely building for you.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:35 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Well I can fortunately say it was only 2mths for me, but that was almost 16years ago. and I was living in the US, so my hubby and his brother did most of the legwork. My problem was I was still working in the US, trying to get a transfer to the same company in Barbados, but couldn't . Long story, but just say.. I had to apply for an international transfer, which I couldn't get unless I had a work permit (which the local company here wouldn't do for anyone) or get citizenship, which I couldn't get without getting married.. So I applied for the job transfer in July (just to get my application in), got married in September, got my citizenship the same week/weekend as US Thanksgiving and Barbados Independence at the end of November. Got the transfer within a few days, went to job training in the US for 2 weeks and moved to Barbados December 17th, 1992. and have been here since then.

but as I said.. that was then.. and they don't do things that quickly any more.. (I think I may have also had some insider help to push it along as my brother in law had a friend at immigration at that time.. soooo)