Christmas and New Year

Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Starlit Sands is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Christmas and New Year

Hi all,

Some friends of friends of mine are coming out to Barbados for Christmas and New Year and have asked me if I know of anywhere open for Christmas Day lunch? They are staying in one of the large south coast hotels, so I would imagine they would be able to have this in their hotel, but wondered if there were any other options for places to eat out on Christmas Day?

They are also hoping to find out information on where to go for New Year's Eve celebrations? They've already mentioned that Harbour Lights is a possibility, but again, wondered if there were any other options for places to go? They are a family of four with two 19yr old sons.

Any help with this is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 21st 2009, 3:18 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas and New Year

Im not sure about xmas lunch but I think it will only be the hotels that have them - I know Savannah hotel was doing one last year and heard Yellow Bird did it.

New years has loads of options - my favourite this year was the plantation for a Back in Time night - good old skool tunes and a mix of ages $50 and the drinks were free!! No one told me they were free so i went totally unprepard and came home legless lol

The gap is usually busting on that night and your 2 19yr olds would probably love that - sometimes they do a one fixed price toget into the street and then all the bar entries are free.

Harbour lights is another option but dont know details - also you got 2nd street up on west coast.

Also check out Harbour Master - its the boat that sets sail up the west coast and you can watch the fireworks - has music for all ages but is an older crowd
Old Jul 21st 2009, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Christmas and New Year

If you're into scuba, I know a dive shop that usually does a fun night dive on Old Year's Night.