British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Christmas / Holiday events in Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/christmas-holiday-events-barbados-641499/)

Sunniebgi Nov 21st 2009 2:43 am

Christmas / Holiday events in Barbados

for those living in Barbados and others visiting, now is the season for Craft and Gift shows and theatrical productions at Christmas in Barbados. just thought I'd add a few.. add more if you hear about them.. or other events

Sunday, 22 Nov - Canadian Women's Club Christmas Gift and Craft Show - 10.00 to get in .. over 90 vendors (artisan, gift sellers etc).. food and drink. - Providence Elementary School, Francia Plantation, St. George

Sunday 22 Nov - Celebrate American Thanksgiving at the American Women's Club Thanksgiving Luncheon at Sunbury great house. 75.00 for some great food.. (if you want to attend, call me and I'll get your name in.. it might be too late, but you never know).

There is a Artist Craft Show at the Barbados Museum, I believe it's December 5th, and I understand it's one of the best christmas craft shows around.

Joseph and Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat being presented at, I think, St. Dominics Church, on the south cost. This weekend ..

Pandora's Box - Ursuline Convent Schools Pantomime. This production is written and produced by well known Barbados playwrite Jill Ottway and musical direction by Margaret Willians. over 90 children take part in this years Pantomime. runs for 17 nights starting November 28 to December 22. Ursuline Convent Schools, Collymore Rock, St. Michael. Tickets on sale at Warrens Super Centre, Tues/Thurs/Sat and at Big B on Mon/Wed/Fri. Great show, not to be missed.

There are many other possibly things to go to in Barbados during the holiday season.

Enjoy.

Ikon Nov 21st 2009 3:48 am

Re: Christmas / Holiday events in Barbados

Thanks Sunnie! Looks like a useful list. Perhaps we can all try to add similar things when they occur to us....

bamiskados Nov 21st 2009 11:44 am

Hey, this great Sunnie. I am coming in on nov the 30th, will be here for a couple of months.
I always loved the pantomime, used to go with my kids, great suggestions.

grassisgreener Nov 23rd 2009 12:53 pm

Brilliant, thanks Sunnie!

gibsomo1 Dec 2nd 2009 10:10 pm

1 Attachment(s)
For those of you who don't fancy cooking on Christmas day, or paying exorbitant hotel or restaurant prices, checkout Kidz Utopia Christmas Dinner. A traditional full English Christmas Dinner (including Christmas pudding and mince pies) is being offered for just $65 per head on Christmas day. I am uploading the ad but for further information call (246) 427 2810.

gibsomo1 Dec 2nd 2009 10:16 pm

PS. I see there's an American women's club and a Canadian Women's club. Does anyone know if there's an English women's club? If so, can you post the details. Thanks.

Sunniebgi Dec 3rd 2009 2:22 am

Originally Posted by gibsomo1 (Post 8142420)
PS. I see there's an American women's club and a Canadian Women's club. Does anyone know if there's an English women's club? If so, can you post the details. Thanks.

Yes there certainly is.. Contact the British High Commission, Ros Griffiths, Community Liaison Officer and she can give you the details (unless someone on here has them).. Tell her Sarah said she give you all the info..