Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Christmas dinner musings...

Christmas dinner musings...

Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

CarlHnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Christmas dinner musings...

This will be our first xmas away from blighty and were considering spending xmas dinner at one of the hotels as this might make us feel a bit more in the festive spirit.

Are there any particular places that put on a good spread?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:29 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas dinner musings...

Ohhhh i so remember my first xmas in Bim - was gutted cos woke up and it was raining and i so wanted to go to the beach for xmas morning and take pics in my santa hat to make all my mates jealous - sulked all morning but by 11 the sun was out and off we headed lololol

Only hotel i remember advertising Xmas lunch was Savannah hotel down near garrison

Enjoy ya warm sunshiny xmas - Im loving my snowy cold one this year as my first in 5 years (may well be my last for a while lol)
Old Dec 13th 2010, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

yellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of lightyellowsunset is a glorious beacon of light

You could probably get a dinner pass for Mango Bay on Xmas day - I think it's around 150 BBD (might be more for xmas) and includes drinks with dinner.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Most hotels/restaurants will be open. Christmas Day is usually the busiest day of the year for them.

Atlantis on the East Coast will have a Bajan Christmas Buffet (altho already have over 250 people booked), the Hilton I know have a Christmas Brunch and also dinner that evening too. The Fisphot will be a la carte. The Sandpiper, Colony Club for sure too have things happening. Most will have something going on.

Suggest you choose what area you would like to be in and phone around and see who is offering what and the prices and also availability.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

BritJaLucian is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I was going to be in the sun for Xmas this year. Right now, I'd eat a coconut on the beach for xmas dinner so long as it was in the sun. It's freeeeezing here in the UK and this snow is not going away.
Enjoy all you lucky people!
Seasons greetings. x