Child Care in Barbados

Old Apr 30th 2012, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

WardieJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child Care in Barbados

Dear Members,

This is the first time I have ever posted but have been a reader for many a years. I find myself an older mother of an 11 week old and am starting to doubt myself with the child care I had arranged for my imminent return to work. Can anyone recommended a nursery for my most precious cargo where I am going to be able to not worry when I am at work (especially as I really do not want to have to go back in the first place).

I would prefer Christchurch / St Michael area.

Thanks in advance

A concerned Expat Mummy !
Old May 17th 2012, 8:43 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Care in Barbados

Hi guys can any of our expat mummys help this lady out with this post as its got lost in the mix
Old May 22nd 2012, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

songbird835 is an unknown quantity at this point

What is your price range?
Old May 23rd 2012, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

scotkat is an unknown quantity at this point

How mixed do you want the environment to be? I have a happy healthy 3 year old that has been in daycare since 4 months old, it is open 7am to 6pm and is located near Banks breweries. Can provide more info if necessary.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

WardieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your replies I actually visited a lot of day care establishments and found a very beautiful one in Hastings that my baby seems to love and all the "aunties" are just wonderful. If anyone is looking for a feels like home type day care in a nice quiet spot let me know I am will pass on the details.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 12:05 am
Just Joined

Dime is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WardieJ
Thank you for your replies I actually visited a lot of day care establishments and found a very beautiful one in Hastings that my baby seems to love and all the "aunties" are just wonderful. If anyone is looking for a feels like home type day care in a nice quiet spot let me know I am will pass on the details.
Hi there just arrived in Barbados and am looking for a place to keep my 10 month old entertained. He wants to meet lots of new playmates. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. It could be playgroups with other mothers, that way I may meet some new friends at the same time!!!!! I'm living in Durants at the mo, so anywhere within the vicinity would be great. Would love to know more about the place that feels like home. If anyone interested in meeting up midweek for company feel free to drop me a line I'm eager to meet new friends. :-)
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:21 am
Banned

alisdiar is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone recomend good child care??. We will be there for the last couple months of and we are looking for two nannies.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 2:31 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow seems like there is a niche need that needs fulfilling here that someone should investigate filling ie short term child care for expats ... just an observation
Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:56 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

thought the same thing Dips.. .......
Old Jul 4th 2012, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
thought the same thing Dips.. .......
Went out today in search of play area for my little man, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere for him to play. Please help, he's such an active little fella that he needs to let of some steam. Plenty for 3year plus, but nowhere for the younger ones..... Surely there's someone out there that knows somewhere......
Old Jul 5th 2012, 8:44 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

10 mths might be tricky. I know there is a play area behind the ArtSplash building on the southcoast in Hastings, but not sure of the age range or what they offer.

There are (or used to be) a few moms and toddlers groups around, but not sure if they operate during the summer months. Contact the British High commission to see if they have any info on that (as the one recently was run by a group of British mums.. I was involved in those a few years ago, but mine are now 16,14 and 10.. so way past that stage.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
10 mths might be tricky. I know there is a play area behind the ArtSplash building on the southcoast in Hastings, but not sure of the age range or what they offer.

There are (or used to be) a few moms and toddlers groups around, but not sure if they operate during the summer months. Contact the British High commission to see if they have any info on that (as the one recently was run by a group of British mums.. I was involved in those a few years ago, but mine are now 16,14 and 10.. so way past that stage.
Thanks so much for the info, will try the British High commission as suggested. Hopefully a bit more time will unravel a few more places. My little fella is so used to having his nieces and nephews around him recently that he's lost without them. 3 children!!!! How did you do it!
Old Jul 12th 2012, 7:32 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well. I was just wondering if anyone in this thread could help this person out? As they seem to have a similar query regarding childcare, but their question is more related to employing someone to come to their home.

Thanks, you lot are great
Old Sep 11th 2012, 11:40 am
Just Joined

SE17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dime
Hi there just arrived in Barbados and am looking for a place to keep my 10 month old entertained. He wants to meet lots of new playmates. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. It could be playgroups with other mothers, that way I may meet some new friends at the same time!!!!! I'm living in Durants at the mo, so anywhere within the vicinity would be great. Would love to know more about the place that feels like home. If anyone interested in meeting up midweek for company feel free to drop me a line I'm eager to meet new friends. :-)
Hi Dime, just saw your post and was wondering if you managed to find anything for you and your little one?
I have lots of family in Barbados and am planning to come over with my daughter (who will be 6 months) later in the year. I am currently on maternity leave in London and thought what better place to head than Barbados as my mum has a place out there. I have been spoilt for choice here in London with lots of free mother and baby groups, baby massage, sing song and play classes as well as just places where mums can hang out and get to know each other. As a first time mum these groups have been really useful.
Soo I was thinking of setting one up in Barbados, maybe for ex pat mum's who don't necessarily have the support structure they would at home and don't know a huge amount of other new mums in the same boat. It would just be a really informal group, mum's can come over and drop in for a couple of hours. Maybe have a cup of tea and a chat, new babies can get together. What do you think? You may have found something like this already which would save me the job!! haha.
I would be interested to hear people's thoughts.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

tlniles is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I've been browsing this forum for quite some time now and my observation is that it's clear there is a need for more early child care facilities to cater for the growing population whether local or foreign. I am a trained child care provider and I've worked previously at Montessori and regular preschools, and my experiences have been amazing but the general consensus is that there just aren't enough. I've since then furthered my studies and I'm currently training in Vision Therapy (a non-surgical therapeutic individualized program -involving no medication- to help with visual problems including but not limited to lazy eye, crossed eyes, hand-eye coordination, double vision and some reading and learning difficulties) this is a new and exciting field for me but I'm most passionate about direct educating, I plan to start up and open a early years school and I would love to hear from you what exactly you would like from a school- teaching style, activities, location, class sizes etc.

TNiles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.