British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   cheapest south coast accommodation for a group of 8 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/cheapest-south-coast-accommodation-group-8-a-915848/)

mark.alexander Aug 8th 2018 9:00 pm

cheapest south coast accommodation for a group of 8

It can be between Oistins and Accra.

Hi everyone. haven't posted here since 2012!
Well since my last post, I brought my Mum and stepdad back to the UK November 2012 and unfortunately Mum passed away in July 2013.

I haven't been back to Barbados since. I am hosting a trip with some of my family and relatives for July 2019 for 2 weeks and so we are looking for somewhere really cheap self catering but decent.

Obviously we have time in the planning.

Thank you

Sunniebgi Aug 9th 2018 3:14 am

Re: cheapest south coast accommodation for a group of 8

HI. I'll do some checking .. .. July is a off season month, but remember it's also cropover.. so you might find that hotels are little more expensive... You may want to check places in the Gap... Rostrevor hotel comes to mind.. or there might be a full house in AirBNB or homeaway that might work for your full party of 8 people...

mark.alexander Aug 9th 2018 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi (Post 12545370)
HI. I'll do some checking .. .. July is a off season month, but remember it's also cropover.. so you might find that hotels are little more expensive... You may want to check places in the Gap... Rostrevor hotel comes to mind.. or there might be a full house in AirBNB or homeaway that might work for your full party of 8 people...

Rostrevor hotel prices are like any other hotel on the island. i'll have a look at AirBNB.

Sunniebgi Aug 9th 2018 2:08 pm

just using that as an example. not knowing your dates, prices may very. and just to advise.. not all hotel rates are the same on the island. it does depend on where and what category of hotel you are looking for. there are a few I wouldn't necessarily recommend, on the low end or the highend, based on what you are looking for.

mark.alexander Aug 9th 2018 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi (Post 12545691)
just using that as an example. not knowing your dates, prices may very. and just to advise.. not all hotel rates are the same on the island. it does depend on where and what category of hotel you are looking for. there are a few I wouldn't necessarily recommend, on the low end or the highend, based on what you are looking for.

I did say July 2019 for 2 weeks and it’s going to be a group of 8.

We are looking on the south coast.

Sunniebgi Aug 9th 2018 4:12 pm

yes.. I know that's what you said.. and as I said. July is CropOver in Barbados, which means that we do have more visitors than we would in June and likely August.. however. the closer to the end of July beginning of August (the 1st Monday in August is Kadooment), the rates may actually go up, or already be filling up.. ). that's why I was asking about dates.. if you know specifics .. or is it just sometime in July..

mark.alexander Aug 9th 2018 6:21 pm

Do you know anyone that specifically has a property we could rent?

Sunniebgi Aug 10th 2018 1:47 am

No.. not anyone specifically in the are that you mentioned..

acebritty Aug 25th 2018 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by mark.alexander (Post 12545732)

I did say July 2019 for 2 weeks and it’s going to be a group of 8.

We are looking on the south coast.

hello, check out clearwater apts in enterprise. i stayed there many times and they are in a good central location. the owners live right next door to the group of apts which consist of a studio, 1 bdrs and 2 bdrs. this set up might work for your group