Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Caricom retain US Job live in Barbados

Caricom retain US Job live in Barbados

Old Sep 23rd 2013, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

acebritty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Caricom retain US Job live in Barbados

hello not sure how my situation would work but i am a jamaican citizen by descent with caricom status living in the US planning to move to barbados (greenpoint, st phillips) but can work remotely and will retain my US job. would i just have to keep applying for extensions? i have used both my british and jamaican passports upon entry there and always given three months stay but as i read here it depends on the officer that day.

if have to leave every three months thats fine but worried about being denied entry at some point. i also have a 5 and 8 year would getting them into school be a problem given i wont have an actual work permit? of course i will have all the paperwork from my company stating salary and guarenteeing employment etc

i did find a link on here and planning to make some calls this week but figured id ask in case anyone knew off the top of their head.

thanks so much!
Old Sep 24th 2013, 8:15 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caricom retain US Job live in Barbados

Yet again someone who wants to spend all their foreign income in Barbados with no burden to the economy but has to "duck and dive" to be allowed. I really wish that Immigration Ministers would get creative and allow a special permit for "remote workers" maybe it should be in the form of a tax or a high cost permit but it really makes sense as would benefit both the entrant and the economy in Barbados.

I am not sure if any countries are offering such a permit at present, would be good to hear from any Expats in any countries where this permit is available! With Globalisation and home working becoming so common its just a matter of time before this need is recognised - so lets encourage Barbados to lead the way!!
Old Sep 24th 2013, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

thanks dipity. i will let you know what i find out
Old Sep 25th 2013, 1:50 am
Just Joined

ok so i made a couple of calls today and found out i have to go to the Barbados Accreditation Council in town with my Caricom National paperwork along with a few other documents they require which she said takes around 4 weeks (website says 8). Then apply for student visas for the boys to attend school. we will see.................