Caricom member

Old Jul 31st 2019, 9:26 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caricom member

UK Grenada.. interesting.. "the cost of Citizenship is 250k.. Barbados doesn't have a Pay for Citizenship/ passport program.. You can pay a lot of money.. buy an expensive home.. and get a Special Entry Visa.. and live here and free movement.. but it doesn't necessarily give you citizenship. This is a "problem" through out many islands. the Pay for Passport way of doing things....
Old Jul 31st 2019, 9:36 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it a problem? Citizenship by investment its called, one can either invest 250k in a govt approved scheme or 350k in your own [approved] venture, but thats not to build your house, its to help pay for a condo hotel or factory. The investment covers citizenship for your immediate family too.

The applicants need to be vetted to ensure the money is clean and they arent wanted somewhere. No real foul ups so far, and there are hundreds of citizens this way. We do harbour a number of billionaires who make private arrangements with the govt, but for very little, anyone can live here so long as they can prove they have funds to support themselves. Of course citizenship can confer tax benefits.

As i said, its a nice place to live everything considered.

Last edited by uk_grenada; Jul 31st 2019 at 9:39 pm. Reason: Add
Old Jul 31st 2019, 11:45 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

it's an issue on the bad side of things. those people dealing in illegal things that get the citizenship .. just by handing over money. there is no "investment" for business, family etc..
Old Aug 1st 2019, 10:06 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Sunny BGI you are not really understanding the way the process works. Investor has to invest money in a government approved scheme which is typically hotel or tourism based, and they also have to pay a fee for due diligence which is supposed to ensure that they are not bad guys and the money is not bad. The only people who have complained about his far as I can see our disreputable themselves, for example the World Bank.

While I am sure that somewhere some bad guys have got in, so far in Grenada we haven’t heard of anything untoward occurring, but we have seen circa 100 million invested.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 12:21 am

UK Grenada. what I'm saying to you is this. Barbados does not have a Citizenship by Investment program.. Sure.. they want companies to come and invest in whatever they need to, but the right to work here and to get citizenship is nor part of the deal. You can come, bring a business to Barbados. .and it doesn't matter how much you spend in doing so, you don't automatically get a work permit to work it.. nor citizenship. that's just how it is in Barbados.

if other countries want to.. fine.. but not here. What I'm trying to say is, it's the guys flying around with 5 passports who are doing the bad things around the world, that give those island who just hand over passports, a bad name and it happens. I'm not saying that those that have paid in to the 100 mil invested in Grenada are a part of it..

https://barbadostoday.bb/2018/01/09/...r-citizenship/

https://www.immigration.gov.bb/pages...tryPermit.aspx these are the requirements for a special entry permit (visa, not citizenship/passport)