Car insurance

Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

mark.alexander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car insurance

My mother tells me that car insurance companies will only full comp your vehicle if it is under 4 years old. Is this legislation/policy across all car insurance companies that offer cover in Barbados?

Thank you.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

bamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nice
Default Re: Car insurance

As far as I now you can insure older cars full comp, but most people prefer not to because of the crazy rates, and because they don't pay out more as the day value it's just not worth it.

I also find that different companies apply differnt rules, it may pay off to shop around, make certain you bring copies of your insunce history in England if you have had no claims , than it can be carried forward, without that you will pay full rates.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bamiskados
As far as I now you can insure older cars full comp, but most people prefer not to because of the crazy rates, and because they don't pay out more as the day value it's just not worth it.

I also find that different companies apply differnt rules, it may pay off to shop around, make certain you bring copies of your insunce history in England if you have had no claims , than it can be carried forward, without that you will pay full rates.
The vehicle is in Barbados, but my mum says its over 4 years and they don't do fully comp. I will email all the firms there and see what they say unless someone who knows of a company who does it.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

birthdaygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a Suzuki Jimny 2003 and I was insured full comprehesive, I shopped around and spoke with with several companies and they would all insure my car fully comprehensive. I went with CGI who were more expensive than some however, having spoken with several people they said they were efficient, but their are many companies. I also brought my certificate of no claims from England so my insurance was cheaper.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by birthdaygirl
I have a Suzuki Jimny 2003 and I was insured full comprehesive, I shopped around and spoke with with several companies and they would all insure my car fully comprehensive. I went with CGI who were more expensive than some however, having spoken with several people they said they were efficient, but their are many companies. I also brought my certificate of no claims from England so my insurance was cheaper.
you see when you listen to old people! ha ha ha my mum and step dad were told but someone that her car can't be fully comp and i was like no way!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Britney is an unknown quantity at this point

Equity Insurance is by far the best insurance company in Barbados give them a call.
There are no other Insurance company that can compare with the fast reliable service they offer.
Old May 9th 2010, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Hei75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Sagicor would also do comprehensive for a car older than 4 years. I use them, and they also allowed me to have my bonus transferred from my other insurance company abroad. Never had a problem with them. Good luck
Old Jun 11th 2010, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

songbird835 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cars can be insured fully comprehensive until they are 10 years old, and then they can only be insured 3rd party, yes your no claims from uk help. When i moved here nealry 7 yrs ago i shopped around for car insurance and found a company called "tradewinds" a broker firm, they actually got me cheaper quotes then my direct quotes from cgi, sagicor and clico themselves!!, i shopped around the couple years after that n still tradewinds were better by far, so now i dont even look around anymore. It is 2 brothers originally from uk who started the business n today it insures all kinda thing, they are based just outside of holetown but they will send the courtesy car free of charge to you anywhere on the island to bring papers or collect etc...

hope this helps, give them a call and see where you get, am sure they will be able to sort you out, ive never had a problem with them yet!, Daryl Kelly is the person you wanna speak to
Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

That sounds like a great service, thanks for the information!