Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

A/C Bills and rental guests ***rant***

A/C Bills and rental guests ***rant***

Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

mark.alexander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A/C Bills and rental guests ***rant***

You are not going to stop people from excessively using an A/C if its there. Maybe a built in timer for time periods. Raising the rent on it will drive potential rentals away. Better still install a solar or wind power electrial system. That way they can use it for as long as they want. I am at the moment in th the UK and building a wind/pedal assisted electrical power system. I am doing this to see what is the cheapest way that i can set one up here.

Originally Posted by jondent
Happy Xmas to you all !!!

I have a bit of a problem. I rent my home in St Philip out to holiday-makers for short term rent... Basically 1 week/2 week etc etc.

I always ask the guests to respect the A/C which is in all 3 bedrooms and to leave it off during the day. In all reality, set at 23 and auto is perfect for a good night sleep.

Today I get my BL&P elec bill for November ... 989$ BDS. During this time I have had guests for about 2.5 weeks. They have had the A/C on 17 and full all day and night !!!

To counter this I'm looking at either timer system or solar power.

Anyone know how ? Or anyone have either these solutions in place ???

Cheers

Jon