Are Burglar bars necessary

Old Jul 15th 2012, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Rickydog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are Burglar bars necessary

I have been looking at properties in St John (Sugar Hill or college Savannah) and St Phillip(Three Houses,Bayfield or Cullpepper Island) some have burglar bars but the new builds appear not to have them. Are the burglar bars really necessary away from the city and affluent areas ? And does the reported crime/burglary's have hotspot areas ?
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:21 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Burglar bars necessary

Hi Ricky I dont have anything to contribute re crime rates but bottom line is if i wanted to go out anywhere and leave windows open or sleep at night with the same open to air my property then I would want to maintain security by having security bars on the windows.

Barbados is a small island and its not hard for anyone of a criminal mind to get anywhere on the island.. opportunist crime also favours non secure properties.... to my mind the more remote I was the more i would invest in security as lack of alternatives focus the mind
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:33 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

I am not in Barbados, but burglar bars are pretty much standard nowadays. Get the bars for your peace of mind and security. I would even put them on the doors. Caribbean cops are not known for their speedy response to domestic situations so you have to make it as hard for any unwanted guest to enter your property as possible.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:20 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

We have had burglar bars in both homes (1st rented, 2nd owned) that I have live in here. I've only had my home violated once.. and that was really our fault.. left some louvers open in the kitchen and someone decided to squeeze through the louvers.. I feel more comfortable with them on the house than not.. just pure peace of mind.. and when I go out.. the entire house is shut up tights.. Soo. don't discount having them.. and if you find a house without them.. find someone to put them in..