Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Blair's Deputy PM planning state visit to Barbados

Blair's Deputy PM planning state visit to Barbados

Old May 19th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

_Tropical_11th is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blair's Deputy PM planning state visit to Barbados

The British press and opposition party have latched on to a bit of news that Tony Blair's Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott is planning a "farewell tour". This trip includes a stop to Barbados.

I wonder why the Aristocracy always love to travel to Barbados on the state budget? This usually leads to usual uproar and causes the public to have bad a bad image of Barbados as a wayward point for politicians (and Royalty) to spend away their hard earned tax money.

The Daily Mail continues that, the trip is slated to "cost the taxpayer up to £15,000". The reason for this trip according to John Prescott is to "mark the 200th anniversary of the end of the slave trade."

A final fling for Prescott - it's in Barbados and costing taxpayer's up to £15,000

~Tropical_11th
Old May 20th 2007, 1:14 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blair's Deputy PM planning state visit to Barbados

Originally Posted by _Tropical_11th
The British press and opposition party have latched on to a bit of news that Tony Blair's Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott is planning a "farewell tour". This trip includes a stop to Barbados.

I wonder why the Aristocracy always love to travel to Barbados on the state budget? This usually leads to usual uproar and causes the public to have bad a bad image of Barbados as a wayward point for politicians (and Royalty) to spend away their hard earned tax money.

The Daily Mail continues that, the trip is slated to "cost the taxpayer up to £15,000". The reason for this trip according to John Prescott is to "mark the 200th anniversary of the end of the slave trade."

A final fling for Prescott - it's in Barbados and costing taxpayer's up to £15,000

~Tropical_11th

Can you please keep him. He has to be the biggest waste of space ever as a transport minister and deputy prime minister. I'm only sorry that more people didn't manage to pelt him with eggs, the prat!
Old May 21st 2007, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Can you please keep him. He has to be the biggest waste of space ever as a transport minister and deputy prime minister. I'm only sorry that more people didn't manage to pelt him with eggs, the prat!
HEAR HEAR!!!!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

_Tropical_11th is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
lol. I donno, he seems awfully high maintenance. If the UK budget is decrying his spending spree, I don't know how well Barbados would fare with him.

~Tropical 11th