British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Blair's Deputy PM planning state visit to Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/blairs-deputy-pm-planning-state-visit-barbados-451579/)

_Tropical_11th May 19th 2007 7:38 pm

Blair's Deputy PM planning state visit to Barbados

The British press and opposition party have latched on to a bit of news that Tony Blair's Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott is planning a "farewell tour". This trip includes a stop to Barbados.

I wonder why the Aristocracy always love to travel to Barbados on the state budget? This usually leads to usual uproar and causes the public to have bad a bad image of Barbados as a wayward point for politicians (and Royalty) to spend away their hard earned tax money.

The Daily Mail continues that, the trip is slated to "cost the taxpayer up to £15,000". The reason for this trip according to John Prescott is to "mark the 200th anniversary of the end of the slave trade."

A final fling for Prescott - it's in Barbados and costing taxpayer's up to £15,000

~Tropical_11th

Mitzyboy May 20th 2007 1:14 pm

Re: Blair's Deputy PM planning state visit to Barbados

Originally Posted by _Tropical_11th (Post 4803518)
The British press and opposition party have latched on to a bit of news that Tony Blair's Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott is planning a "farewell tour". This trip includes a stop to Barbados.

I wonder why the Aristocracy always love to travel to Barbados on the state budget? This usually leads to usual uproar and causes the public to have bad a bad image of Barbados as a wayward point for politicians (and Royalty) to spend away their hard earned tax money.

The Daily Mail continues that, the trip is slated to "cost the taxpayer up to £15,000". The reason for this trip according to John Prescott is to "mark the 200th anniversary of the end of the slave trade."

A final fling for Prescott - it's in Barbados and costing taxpayer's up to £15,000

~Tropical_11th

Can you please keep him. He has to be the biggest waste of space ever as a transport minister and deputy prime minister. I'm only sorry that more people didn't manage to pelt him with eggs, the prat!

trutje May 21st 2007 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4805799)
Can you please keep him. He has to be the biggest waste of space ever as a transport minister and deputy prime minister. I'm only sorry that more people didn't manage to pelt him with eggs, the prat!

HEAR HEAR!!!!!

_Tropical_11th May 23rd 2007 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4805799)

lol. I donno, he seems awfully high maintenance. If the UK budget is decrying his spending spree, I don't know how well Barbados would fare with him.

~Tropical 11th