Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Black Bess $600,000 000 project

Black Bess $600,000 000 project

Old Nov 24th 2009, 4:22 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black Bess $600,000 000 project

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
PGtips - why throw around more insensitive comments when there is already some peace being agreed??? - in my opinon how can any body be "too" anything!!! they are what they are and are born to be. You are using ur own yardstick to decide who matches and who is "too" much of something. If I was to follow your lead i would say that you are "way too insensitive which really aint cool" but I wont cos its negative and as far as im concerned everyone is different and communication is about finding the level of others not just bandying around statements that will piss them off cos ya can!!! Its much more difficult to swallow ya own high handed opinon and try to find a route for ya point but no lets take the easy route and just tell everyone else that if they aint wat you rate as appropriate that they aint cool
The only thing I did not find cool was one poster trying to get another poster banned for no apparent reason. Everybody is entightled to their opinion and that is where lively conversation can be enjoyed. I am glad peace has been agreed. I am sorry if some found my opinion insensitive, but that's all it was, an opinion.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ikon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pgtips
The only thing I did not find cool was one poster trying to get another poster banned for no apparent reason. Everybody is entightled to their opinion and that is where lively conversation can be enjoyed. I am glad peace has been agreed. I am sorry if some found my opinion insensitive, but that's all it was, an opinion.

I didn't try to get anyone banned, if I wanted to do that I would click the button to report the posts I found offensive.

I said the rules on the board should be tighter, and mods should work to avoid conflict by asking us to discuss our opinions with respect for other people. The fact is, the rules do not require that so there were no grounds for reporting anything.

I'd suggest it was you being too sensitive. I dared to discuss how we ought to respond to each other's posts, and you've interpreted that as me trying to get someone banned. My comment was on the policy the mods work to at the moment, and (in my opinion) its flaws.

By the way, I'm really not that sensitive. I simply choose to fill my life with people who have good manners, and I've not found that restrictive in Barbados at all. Bajan people are often DIRECT, but I don't personally consider them RUDE in general. It's rudeness I have a problem, eg. saying someone's opinion is ridiculous. I haven't really come across that many Bajan people who behave that way socially.

You seem to face the same limitations as Karibspices. It's very easy to say, "Actually, I think it's ok to........" instead of making personal comments about someone. Perhaps you too are trying to seek unneccessary conflict? I reiterate my point to the mods that I think there should be tighter rules about that, it really isn't difficult to express opinions in an intelligent manner without making statements about people's character.

Last edited by Ikon; Nov 24th 2009 at 8:18 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:09 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Look guys.

Personal attacks are strictly against the rules.
Some leeway has been shown, but now its getting silly.

I suggest you get back to discussing the topic in an adult fashion without any rudeness, accepting each others points of views, but putting your own forward in a pleasant manner

So .... back on topic please, OK?
Old Nov 25th 2009, 3:40 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Mitzboy, the post you deleted were not rude in anyway. In fact I think we had just found common ground and a better understanding of each other.

I shall think twice now before participating in any discussion on here as time is a valuable commodity and it is not to say us posters are paid for our valuable contributions which keep the board alive.

I bid you all a good day and only valuable time will tell if you here from me personally again.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pgtips
Mitzboy, the post you deleted were not rude in anyway. In fact I think we had just found common ground and a better understanding of each other.

I shall think twice now before participating in any discussion on here as time is a valuable commodity and it is not to say us posters are paid for our valuable contributions which keep the board alive.

I bid you all a good day and only valuable time will tell if you here from me personally again.
Thank you
I didnt say they were rude PG, and I'm glad you have reached a common ground. I removed the posts soley because they were off topic after I had asked (on my unpaid time ) that everyone return to topic . We appreciate your valuable time, but are often damned if we do and damned if we dont!