best british school

Old Apr 30th 2018, 6:58 am
Just Joined

maxb1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best british school

dear from the forum ..
i have checked on line a good school..for a 7 yrs .
not sure ...
any suggestions/ name ?
is Providence a good one ?
any suggestions are welcome
many thanks to all
Mx
Old May 2nd 2018, 1:02 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best british school

There is no such thing as a British school in Barbados.

All Schools in Barbados follow the Barbados Ministry of Education Curriculum.

The only school that doesn't is Codrington School, which follows the International Baccalaureate system.

Schools are set out in Primary - 4years through 11 years (10-11yrs in the last year)
and secondary 11-12yrs 1st Form up to either 5th form or 2 years of 6th form classes. it depends on the school.

a 7 year old would be at Primary. There are a number of Private Primary Schools to choose from..

St. Gabriel's School - https://www.stgabrielsschool.org/ (my 3 children attending this school and I highly recommend for a mix of Barbadians and foreign students) This school only goes to Class 4, which is 10-11yrs (they then sit an 11plus exam to be placed in a secondary school, or move on to a private secondary.

The Providence School - https://www.psbarbados.com/ is a private primary and secondary school. you will find a mix of students at this school but likely more expats.

St. Winifred's School - St. Winifred's School also more Barbadian based students as well as some expats.. this is a private primary and secondary school.

The Codrington School - The International School of Barbados - This is the only one that does not teach to the Min of Education curriculum..

hope this helps.
Old May 2nd 2018, 3:28 am
Just Joined

maxb1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best british school

Hi many thanks for the detailed reply
have a blessed week
best
max