Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

B'dos PM hopes to re-engage Simon Cowell + others on Four Seasons resort

B'dos PM hopes to re-engage Simon Cowell + others on Four Seasons resort

Old Dec 7th 2009, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

_Tropical_11th is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B'dos PM hopes to re-engage Simon Cowell + others on Four Seasons resort

The Barbados PM hopes to keep Simon Cowell + others on board the Four Seasons resort project.

----
Article: Barbados prime minister hopes to resurrect stalled Four Seasons hotel, villas
Date: Dec 07, 2009
Source: www.usatoday.com - USA Today news

Link: http://content.usatoday.com/communit...t/1?csp=Travel

The Guardian tells us about high-level hopes to resurrect a stalled "millionaire's hideaway" development on Barbados that attracted the likes of reality TV mogul Simon Cowell and composer Andrew Lloyd Webber. The project is to include a Four Seasons hotel that would provide residents access to butlers, housekeepers, chefs, gardeners, waiters and security guards, the article says.[ . . . ]

[ . . . ]

The Guardian reports that Cowell is remaining patient with the developers - for now. "Simon is relaxed about it and is hoping it will be sorted out sooner rather than later," a spokesman told the Guardian. "He is kept informed of progress and is quietly confident it is going to be sorted out."

The most lavish villas - with price tags of up to $30 million - were to come with an infinity pool, movie theater, gym and wine cellar, according to the Guardian.

Hotel project website: http://www.cinnamon88.com/

The PM is going to busy pretty busy... I mean not more than a two months ago a British company said it was planning the largest resort project (1000 rooms) on the entire island -- http://www.harlequinproperty.co.uk/i...ks/welcome.php

Last edited by _Tropical_11th; Dec 7th 2009 at 8:27 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

expat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really niceexpat_wannabe07 is just really nice
Default Re: B'dos PM hopes to re-engage Simon Cowell + others on Four Seasons resort

Not sure if it's just me....but does anyone else think that the location of the Four Seasons is rather strange for a luxury resort.....not least because of the delightful view to the south of the oil processing plant (or whatever it is) on spring Garden highway.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 1:38 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B'dos PM hopes to re-engage Simon Cowell + others on Four Seasons resort

I think the work men located it then so they can pop next door to the gas station and eat their delicous pizza for lunch every day lol - bet when they turn the plans up the right way round they will find it was due up on a hill overlooking Sandy Lane

Why did my ROFL emoticon just not show up!!! is it on strike?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:31 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

The site used to be the old Paradise Beach hote (not sure if that was the proper name, but we always called it Paradise Beach).. located at the southern end of Batts Rock area. As a family, large group, we used to have Sunday Picnics down there.. the beach is great, the view, in fact, is not bad.. and it's convenient to many things..not withstanding the seaport and right on the highway to get to the Airport. I actually didn't realize how much land it actually took up until I went on a Catamaran several months ago and saw the whole hillside gone.. oh well.

we shall see what happens...
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Ikon is an unknown quantity at this point

I certainly hope it gets moving again soon.

The project has been on the websites of UK newspapers a few times now, and it doesn't inspire much confidence for foreign investment. I understand that foreign investment came to a total standstill here over a year ago, and this project being stalled certainly doesn't make Barbados look like a stable prospect. Whatever the objections to these big projects are, I'd still prefer them to finish once they've begun!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 6:59 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ikon View Post
I certainly hope it gets moving again soon.

The project has been on the websites of UK newspapers a few times now, and it doesn't inspire much confidence for foreign investment. I understand that foreign investment came to a total standstill here over a year ago, and this project being stalled certainly doesn't make Barbados look like a stable prospect. Whatever the objections to these big projects are, I'd still prefer them to finish once they've begun!
if the money had continued to come in, I'm sure the project would have finished.. thus is the issue.. those with the money got scared and pulled out.... it would be lovely if someone would just step in with some big bucks.. get it finished and done.