Barbados Work permit

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Brain Box is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Barbados Work permit

I would like to know that how much maximum time does it takes to get the approval of Barbados Work permit.

My employer submitted the documents to the authorities 13 weeks ago and still i haven’t received my work permit.

Every time I ask my employer about the work permit status their reply is that it’s still in process , but in the beginning it was told to me that it takes only 6 to 8 weeks for the work permit approval .
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all
Default Re: Barbados Work permit

Right now immigration is moving super, super slow. I think you have to almost double all time estimates, so maybe as much as 16 weeks if not more.

Since the administration change there is a new director and all sorts of policy conflict amongst the various immigration officials. As I have posted here previously: while I was waiting for my citizenship to be finalized I inquired about a work permit and in the course of 10 minutes there 3 different people told me 3 different things regarding obtaining the permit ranging from absolutely easy to obtain to that I was absolutely forbidden to obtain a work permit with a pending citizenship application.

You just have to wait. Sorry.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Brain Box is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Barbados Work permit

Originally Posted by zanne View Post
Right now immigration is moving super, super slow. I think you have to almost double all time estimates, so maybe as much as 16 weeks if not more.

Since the administration change there is a new director and all sorts of policy conflict amongst the various immigration officials. As I have posted here previously: while I was waiting for my citizenship to be finalized I inquired about a work permit and in the course of 10 minutes there 3 different people told me 3 different things regarding obtaining the permit ranging from absolutely easy to obtain to that I was absolutely forbidden to obtain a work permit with a pending citizenship application.

You just have to wait. Sorry.
Thanks for the reply Zanne