Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Barbados security is No 1 in the world

Barbados security is No 1 in the world

Old May 21st 2010, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Britney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Barbados security is No 1 in the world

Bajan Police/Westcoastbajan are you a jetski operator?How often do you ride jetskis?And can anyone of you tell us,when was the last jetski incident? or can you all recall any accidents over the years and where it has taken place.The last boat accident was when a woman from port st.Charles killed a diver off Mullins beach with a speed boat from Port st.Charles she was driving without a license,this happen in 2005.The last jetski mishap was in 2002 when 2 guys riding from the boat yard beach rented 2 jetskis one came back and claimed he dont know where the other guy is.The coast guard found him 12 miles north east off Barbados dead 2 days after,the jetski was found the same day the guy went missing in perfect condition,other than a few bumps and scratches there are no serious jetski accidents in Barbados.2 weeks after that guy went missing a 16 year old boy ran into a boat with a jetski at the boat yard and broke his arm.In the 1980s a guy went jetsking the coast gaurd found the jetski in st.Lucia the guy was never found.Can you all give your account of any accidents?or is this just a blame game.
Old May 21st 2010, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Bajan Police is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Barbados security is No 1 in the world

Not at all Britney just that I think there are accidents waiting to happen, I have seen the jet ski people moved from around the boat yard and then they are back.
Old May 22nd 2010, 7:06 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not prepared to get into an argument with anyone, but let me tell you my experience. No it wasn't an accident but it could have been.

Paynes Bay (coach house area), likely back in March 2010.. had lunch and then headed there on a Sunday with family. swimming around enjoying ourselves. Couple of Cats around with "boatloads" of people on them.. getting into and out of the water etc. out of now where comes Mr Jet Ski Man zooming into the beach between me and the catamaran, maybe 30yards between us.. there were many people in the sea that day. and that person had absolutely NO right to do what he did. I yelled at him slow down, which he did, but then after going onto the beach for a few minutes, he left again, going along the same path, a bit slower this time, but not much.

let just say some child was swimming along watching the fishes under the water and not paying any attention (just like my 3 who were doing exactly that), and this guy wasn't came right over them.. well I'm guessing something serious could have happened.

so it's not a matter of the statistical analysis of jetski accidents, but it's people , the jetski operators, being that much more careful about where they are and what they are doing.
Old May 22nd 2010, 7:16 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neal brown
The world security is nothing but a flip flop,we may have the best security in the world.
1)Italian Prime minister beaten bloody in front of his security.
2)A couple bypass security entered the white house and had dinner with the president uninvited..
3)A 26 year old woman ran and jump on the pope pushing him to the ground in front of his security.
4)A Nigerian man walk pass security and entered a passenger plane with explosive almost detonating it on the plane risking the lives of over 300 people.
So not only in my opinion that we have the safest drivers but may also have the best security in the world,all the above mention show us that all the technology in the world does not make it any safer.
No offense mate,
Perhaps its because Barbados probably isnt a high profile target....? or even a low profile target...or even a target at all...

Unless they discover your stash of rum and decide your all infidels..

I agree that technology does not always make us safer...
Old May 23rd 2010, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Westcoastbajan is an unknown quantity at this point

I concur with Sunniebgi; my comments weren’t meant to anger anyone nor was my intent to start an argument. Based on personal experience I have found that some Jet Ski operators to be rude and get angered when asked to go a little slower around swimmers. It is not pleasant experience to have exhaust and water fish tailed into your face when passed at excessive speed. Personally several times I have had to dive underwater to avoid being hit by a tourist on a Jet Ski in the Wave Hotel area, especially after they have had a number of free drinks. My next door neighbor from Canada had his arm broken when he was a passenger on a Jet Ski that slammed into another one. But I am not saying that operators or tourist are criminals so please don't take offence Brittney. Whether walking on the road or swimming in the sea, pedestrians always need to beware of motorized traffic, just common sense.