Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Barbados Registration number

Barbados Registration number

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Cessj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Barbados Registration number

Still trying to sort out a RN, but meantime, can anyone tell me: Is the registration number on a B'dos birth certificate the same as that for the National registration number...would save me a lot of time if so! I have my Bdos birth certificate but not a NRN.
As usual, thanks in advance!
Old Jun 6th 2014, 11:27 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barbados Registration number

in checking my sons ID card and Birth Certificate, the Registration number at the top of his Birth Certificate is not the same 4 digit number as the last 4 digits on the ID Card. As before, as long as you have a Barbados Brith Certificate, and even with out the actual ID number.. you shouldn't have a problem getting a new Barbados ID.. Your Birthday Certificate shows you were born here.. that's all they need to know..
Old Jun 6th 2014, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Sunniebgi, as it happens I'm heading down to the office again today. I forgot to take my marriage certificate last time I visited and have had to wait for it to be sent onto me from the UK. The copy I provided - scanned and emailed to me from husband in London - was not acceptable either so it's third time. Wish me luck!
Old Jun 6th 2014, 5:26 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

keep us posted....
Old Jun 6th 2014, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Sunniebgi, finally, I have my ID card - well, at any rate a temporary one with a promise that i can collect the permanent one later this month. I have to say that the staff at the Electoral office who manage the ID system are the most efficient and helpful and courteous of any government workers that i have met, to date. Relaxed, but professional. In fact, so relaxed that they didn't challenge flouters of the usual dress code for government buildings - other people were wearing sleeveless tees, ripped jeans, slippers etc. I felt quite overdressed! A real difference to the Supreme Court which is staffed by some of the rudest people I have encountered.

My one gripe about the Warrens government building is why there is so little public transport access to a government building!

Now to tackle the Passport Office! I expect it to be pretty straightforward.
Thanks for all your help...
Old Jun 7th 2014, 3:08 am

yeah!!!.. well I should have told you.. I went in with my daughter in a top without sleeves (which is my normal mode of dress..) and my birkenstocks on my feet (I will challenge anyone to tell me I can't wear them..)... They are fairly relaxed.. almost, as said, to a fault.. but I went when they had just moved in and were really still moving in to the new offices. and I can agree.. if you don't have a vehicle or are willing to pay for a taxi, it's not the easiest place to get to.. but it can be done... I used to live in Warrens when I first moved here and regularly took the bus from Warrens to town and back..

the passport office in town .. you don't need to over dress.. however.. not as casual as the other office..

again.. keep us posted..