Barbados Healthcare

Old Aug 9th 2020, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

BB55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Barbados Healthcare

Hi
Like many people we are thinking of taking advantage of the 1 year visa. I have found the answers to many questions already online but can’t seem to understand how the COVID-19 situation is being dealt with.
Are people generally confident that the hospitals can cope with an increase in Covid patients?
How do you feel the pandemic has been dealt with so far?
I will be needing to insure a family of 5, has anyone any recommendations on health insurers and how much I should expect it to cost?
i do have other questions but healthcare is what’s stopping me make the move.
Thanks!
Old Aug 9th 2020, 5:36 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barbados Healthcare

Be careful. Make sure that any health insurance is actually valid. As governments issue advice not to travel, this advice will often make any travel to areas affected by the advice uninsurable. Insurers remember will always take your money, but then disallow claims later. There is often also a generic clause about being reasonable or avoiding un-necessary risk. So - Even without specific advice against travel somewhere, they can refuse to pay, then claim for you to travel during this time and get impacted by the bug is not the action of a reasonable person. In other words, its a bit of a nightmare.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

Barbados seems to have managed the pandemic quite well.. I guess it's easier as a small island which had no flights coming in. There are facilities in place to deal with those who come into the island now and test positive.
Old Aug 10th 2020, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

BB55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies.
I have found a great school and everything seems good it’s just healthcare now that I need to feel confident about. We have had quite a few broken bones in this house the last couple of years!
Is there any Health Insurance companies that are more recognized in Barbados hospitals? Maybe easier to deal with?