Barbados Government

Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:10 pm
AAB
Just Joined

AAB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Barbados Government

Hello

Has anyone on here been successful in obtaining employment with the Government of Barbados in any capacity?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:29 pm
Saturday Surfer

Netsirk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Barbados Government

Originally Posted by AAB
Hello

Has anyone on here been successful in obtaining employment with the Government of Barbados in any capacity?
What, you don't want to work for a living? :-)
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:31 pm
AAB
Just Joined

Sorry I didn't get it
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:39 pm
Saturday Surfer

Originally Posted by AAB
Sorry I didn't get it
Bad joke about government workers not doing much actual 'work' :-)

Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:41 pm
AAB
Just Joined

Ohh.....I'm a little slow this morning

I would actually be doing work....but the questions still lies. Do you know of anyone who has been successful?

Thx
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:51 pm
Saturday Surfer

Originally Posted by AAB
Ohh.....I'm a little slow this morning

I would actually be doing work....but the questions still lies. Do you know of anyone who has been successful?

Thx
Sorry, I don't know anyone who works for the government. All I have to contribute is sarcasm. I'm Canadian, I can't help it ;-)
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:04 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Netsirk
netsirk.. I nearly died from laughter.. that was just too funny.

all kidding aside, I have never worked for the government of Barbados, except, like in most countries, we all do in our own little way.

While Barbados is a pretty safe bet when it comes to many things, I not sure that working for the government, unless you are a barbadian, is a good thing. Let me just add, while I don't have a prejudice bone in my body, except towards those people who don't know how to get the job done regardless of skin colour, if you aren't black or brown skinned, it might not work out very well. That is a terrible thing to say, but it's true.

have you been offered a job, or just trying to get as much info as possible before heading in that direction?? sorry if I'm being nosey..
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:03 am
Saturday Surfer

Well if you're going to actually have a "real" opinion then I'll add mine.

The gov't here doesn't employ enough people for an outsider to have a chance. Getting a job anywhere here unless you know someone or are actually "from" Barbados is next to impossible.

Good luck tho!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:28 am
AAB
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies...everyone

I haven't been offered a job but they are aware of me and are in great need of someone with my expertise.....but no post has been created. They thought I was there starting my own private practice and then I would have gotten a job but since I am of Bajan descent and not a resident they are not making any moves as of yet.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:41 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AAB
Thanks for your replies...everyone

I haven't been offered a job but they are aware of me and are in great need of someone with my expertise.....but no post has been created. They thought I was there starting my own private practice and then I would have gotten a job but since I am of Bajan descent and not a resident they are not making any moves as of yet.
If you are of Bajan descent it doesn't matter that you are not a resident. You can get citizenship "in two two's" as they say. Just provide the right documentation and start the process, regardless of if you live in Barbados or not. Also.. I don't know what the job is, but likely the reason they haven't created a position is there may already be someone who can do that job, but they don't want that person in there, so they haven't done anything and wouldn't until they could be assured that you would be available to start with no immigration worries when the job is posted.

I will say this.. at present, even with the new government, I wouldn't try to get a job right now with the government. After the budget speech, no telling what is going to happen. Change is good, but change at this price is not a good thing.. I'm almost wishing that Arthur was still the PM, just to keep the status quo..
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 12:52 am
AAB
Just Joined

Actually there isn't anyone in the position and there is NO ONE on the island that is qualified to do my job that already isn't working for the government. I met with Human Resources in June when I was there last and resubmitted my paperwork since it was lost. I am recognized by the Supreme Courts and could realistically start my own private practice but I am hesitant since they have pretty much halted allowing new work permit applications. My descent is my great-grandfather which gaining citizenship that far back is not possible.....believe you me I have tried.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:24 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sunnie

I been off the island for a few months so missed the budget speech so would be real interested in hearing more about what the issues you mentioned might be - could you elaborate for me?

Serendipidy
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

I have a summary from PWC which gives the relevant highlights anyone who wants it PM me your email and I will send it to you in the morning.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

tulipknife is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Barbados Government

Originally Posted by Netsirk

That was so funny and sorry AAB but your reply was priceless!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:25 am
Saturday Surfer

Wait!!!

I DO have something constructive to add!!!!

I found a great tow-truck operator and mechanic tho if anyone's car breaks down.

<portraying innocence...>

Ok, that has nothing to do with the government.... but I wanted to add something besides sarcasm.... because maybe the guys in the govment here read this....

Last edited by Netsirk; Jul 24th 2008 at 12:26 am. Reason: forgot something

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.