barbados cost of living

Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

747 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default barbados cost of living

Morning all. Am currently researching relocating to Barbados. Does anyone have a rough price guide on monthly costs of utilities, TV, phone etc bills? I appreciate that it will vary greatly depending on comsumption however I am just looking for an approximation - cheaper, same or way more expensive than the UK for example. Any figures would be greatly appreciated. Also would any be able to recommend any cheap B&B's that I could stay in. Am flying to Barbados on 16th April and will leave around 25th.

Thanks very much for any info
Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:50 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: barbados cost of living

if you haven't already looked, there are several threads that give rates for different things. I'm sorry I can't compare prices between the two places..

B&B's are not something we have much of here in Barbados. so you may want to find a hotel that would be lower in price. for that it depends on where you plan to spend much of your time.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 1:26 am
Just Joined

Lady in Waiting is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 747
Morning all. Am currently researching relocating to Barbados. Does anyone have a rough price guide on monthly costs of utilities, TV, phone etc bills? I appreciate that it will vary greatly depending on comsumption however I am just looking for an approximation - cheaper, same or way more expensive than the UK for example. Any figures would be greatly appreciated. Also would any be able to recommend any cheap B&B's that I could stay in. Am flying to Barbados on 16th April and will leave around 25th.

Thanks very much for any info
Check out this place. Easy to get around on the buses if you are not hiring a car

http://www.bajanbreeze.com/38032_95775.asp

Last edited by Lady in Waiting; Apr 7th 2010 at 1:27 am. Reason: forgot link
Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Britney is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a house cost to built for just over half million BDS,i have 1 aircondition and 6 ceiling fans,microwave,electric stove,fridge,freezer and most electrical kitchen and house appliances,my electric bill is between $140-160 BDS per month or less.My water bill is usually $45 to 75 BDS per month.You do not pay for garbage collection.But having a property in this range your insurance will be around $3000 BDS per year and property tax can be about $800BDS per year.You may be able to find a cheap studio apartment somewhere,the further inland the cheaper your rent will be.