Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Barbados citizenship - police certificate of good character

Barbados citizenship - police certificate of good character

Old Jan 18th 2016, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

starboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Barbados citizenship - police certificate of good character

Hi! I will be applying for Barbados citizenship soon and need to obtain a police certificate of good character but unfortunately my local police force do not supply these anymore. Does anybody know whether a basic disclosure check is acceptable or do I have to go down the ACRO route (enhanced disclosure) which costs £45! I tried phoning the Barbados High Commission a few times, but keep getting passed through to an answerphone. Thanks folks
Old Jan 18th 2016, 4:41 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barbados citizenship - police certificate of good character

Thats what i had to do for grenada. The uk only has 2 suitable forms, and the local force form is no longer available in some parts. Frankly the caribbean cops i suspect dont really know an acro report from a tv license, but its a pretty certificate with your photo and a hologram, that says you are a good boy. So, as long as you are a good boy, just pay up and get the form. That report is in theory to apply for citizenship to the usa and a few other places. Theres an image of one on this page retirement police report - Page 2 - Thai visas, residency and work permits - Thailand Forum
Old Jan 18th 2016, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

I have just done the same thing... you need the ACRO document.. .it's very easy to get... if you have a clean record.... everything can be done online..and if you need it quickly as I did then you can get it couriered to you in a matter of a few days for a little bit more cash..
Old Jan 18th 2016, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

You can apply online at...
https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx
Old Jan 19th 2016, 8:38 am
Just Joined

starboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much everyone - I will apply for the ACRO one then