British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Barbados bored wives club (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/barbados-bored-wives-club-574030/)

bimchick Nov 19th 2008 11:48 am

Barbados bored wives club

In a post I made about 2 seconds ago I welcomed someone to the bored wives club. And then I thought, why not HAVE a bored wive's club (Or bored girlfriends club--I only thought of wives cause of that movie the first wives club, with bette midler and goldie hawn...anyways)

we could meet for coffee or lunch once a week.

Please let me know what you think!

asherman Nov 19th 2008 5:12 pm

Re: Barbados bored wives club

I’m a bored husband … a trailing spouse, here because my wife was sent here for her job. Would my reproductive apparatus automatically disqualify me from membership of the Bored Wives Club?

In this modern age, why not a Bored Spouse Club?

bimchick Nov 19th 2008 5:19 pm

as I said in the post--the name was only cause of that movie. You can come too :)

asherman Nov 19th 2008 5:34 pm

I’m all over it. First meeting could be at my house in Atlantic Shores. You get the guest-list together.

Conditions: (i) everybody has to be a real, actual bored spouse; (ii) there has to be at least one other person apart from me who has a life-long acquaintance with testosterone.

minisoufka Nov 22nd 2008 11:46 am

I'm in, but would rather meet at some neutral grounds, like a pub/bar or coffee place (I don't know of many cafes but there is one in Chirst Church opposite petrol station; bars and pubs in abundace in ChCh, St.Lawrence too - quite convenient for me as I don't drive... :sad_smile:

asherman Nov 24th 2008 6:42 pm

I’m out. If this is only for people who can bear children, I have to pass. But good luck with it.

I’m told that there used to be a club for bored husbands here. It was called Spouses Traveling Under Duress (STUDS). Anyone know what happened to it?

Jacksog Nov 24th 2008 7:30 pm

My wife (still not up on internet since arriving a week ago) will be game on for this. She's hoping to use this forum as one way of meeting like-minded folks. At the moment she only has our 18 month year old to keep her entertained...... it wears a bit thin after a while! Sop PM me or let me know what you decide and I'll pass it on.

minisoufka Nov 25th 2008 11:15 am

Looks like it's the three of us :) Not bad :D

Just to let you know I'm going for my Christmas break (a break? a break from what??? ;) on the 12th Dec so if you're still up for it, bimchick and Jacksog's wife - shall we arrange it for next week, perhaps? Bimchick - looks like you live not far from me ;)

I don't want to make anybody meet up if they don't want to - just thought that if we set the time and place it might make others join in :)

flyingprincess Dec 12th 2008 9:43 pm

hi, ive only just seen this thread not been on this expats site for a while. im a bored wife only in my 30's and looking to meet up with people or anything entertaining in days or nights.
:)

christian74 Dec 27th 2008 1:54 am

Hi flying princess,

I am researching moving to Barbados and my wife is in her 30s with an 18 month old. Just stumbled on this site, and am now curious if my wife will be bored in barbodos, she is a physiotherapist; know anything on health care work in Barbados?

clive

Sunniebgi Dec 27th 2008 9:43 am

She could work as a physio, but unless she is already a bajan, or has citizenship, she (and you) will both need work permits.. usually those are arrange by the potential employer, but it's unlikely that any Doctors office or healthcare agency would apply for that type of position, as their are already some pretty good physio's on the island.. but it might be worth a shot..

flyingprincess Dec 27th 2008 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by christian74 (Post 7100791)
Hi flying princess,

I am researching moving to Barbados and my wife is in her 30s with an 18 month old. Just stumbled on this site, and am now curious if my wife will be bored in barbodos, she is a physiotherapist; know anything on health care work in Barbados?

clive

Im not really familiar with healthcare here, you will have to research because with having a profession she might be able to work if th employer wants to pay for her work permit. All i can say is it does get really boring here, ive been here nearly a year and a half and desperate for things to do, anything to be honest. Considering you have an 18 month baby she will be in a different situation to me because she can join in mother and baby/toddler groups and meet people that way. So dont rule it out completely as Barbados is a beautiful island and lovely place to experience living.
Hope some of this helps.

Flyin Princess