Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Bajan citizenship by descent

Bajan citizenship by descent

Old Feb 1st 2014, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

mrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bajan citizenship by descent

Originally Posted by OriginalRez
Yea I'll take the quickest route possible, I'll talk to my dad this weekend and see what needs to be done on his side. I don't mind waiting a year I'm only 25 I'm in no rush.

Good luck to you too girl
Definitely a good age to start, I am 44 x
Old Feb 1st 2014, 7:44 am
Just Joined

OriginalRez is an unknown quantity at this point

Your still young
Old Feb 17th 2014, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

dotdash is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a very frosty curt lady on the phone though I was polite. She referred me to their website. Didnt realise it would teake a year to process that alone.. better get myself in gear.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

mrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant future

Dotdash:

The couple of times I called (all over 2 days) they must of been taking their happy pills. If you take the documents by hand, you will definitely get the frosty curt lady!

A good idea to get started sooner rather than later. Just note apparently you need two copies of the application form, original parent birth cert (not baptismal one) and a picture of yourself signed by a professional.

Good luck x
Old Feb 19th 2014, 9:08 am
Just Joined

dotdash is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Mrs Bucket. Im sorry about yr recent situation. Bereavment
has reignited my need to reconnect to my extended family in Bim and give my 2 little ones a chance to know their family as most have returned or planning to return. I honestly dont know if I could live with the heat but I would favour longer stays.
By the way I am 44 years young too and my 6 month and 3 years young boys keep me on my toes.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OriginalRez
Your still young
Sorry forgot to say thank you x
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dotdash
Thank you Mrs Bucket. Im sorry about yr recent situation. Bereavment
has reignited my need to reconnect to my extended family in Bim and give my 2 little ones a chance to know their family as most have returned or planning to return. I honestly dont know if I could live with the heat but I would favour longer stays.
By the way I am 44 years young too and my 6 month and 3 years young boys keep me on my toes.
Definitely has been difficult the last 6 months, as we have returned from our travels in Arizona moved temporarily into the family home and tomorrow will be moving permanently into our new home 220 miles away!

Spoke to my brother yesterday, so it was lovely hearing the accent again, my 6 year old watches bits on you tube to hear the accent then tries to copy!

You definitely have your hands full, we only have the one and she is hard work! It is amazing that a bereavement can people closer together. My mother like your parents had no intention on returning but my father wanted too but fell ill 6 months before his retirement and died a few years later.

So as my sister said we are orphans, but we are 44, 46 and 47 with a grandmother still living at 93 it must be the sunny weather. I do understand what you mean about the weather we were in Arizona with that wicked heat and we survived!