British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Back from Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/back-barbados-456282/)

Rumswizz Jun 6th 2007 2:40 pm

Back from Barbados

We had a nightmare of a time getting there (too long a story to bore you). But once there, I felt that I wouldn't have too much of a problem settling down with the kids in tow.

I think I seriously need to relax and learn to wind down and take things slower and I'm hoping that will be achieved once we get there in August.

People are friendly, everyone smiles and even when I got lost in my rental car on some back road in St Michael's...there was help to be had in the form of an old gentleman jumping over his garden wall to wave and ask me if I was ok!

Directions are not good and everyone wants to give them, but I feel that nobody wants to let you go without offering help.....even if you're more confused than before! ;)

What a beautiful place

Can't wait to get back and explore, enjoy and chill!

RS

username 34 Jun 6th 2007 2:46 pm

Re: Back from Barbados

Originally Posted by Rumswizz (Post 4880420)
We had a nightmare of a time getting there (too long a story to bore you). But once there, I felt that I wouldn't have too much of a problem settling down with the kids in tow.

I think I seriously need to relax and learn to wind down and take things slower and I'm hoping that will be achieved once we get there in August.

People are friendly, everyone smiles and even when I got lost in my rental car on some back road in St Michael's...there was help to be had in the form of an old gentleman jumping over his garden wall to wave and ask me if I was ok!

Directions are not good and everyone wants to give them, but I feel that nobody wants to let you go without offering help.....even if you're more confused than before! ;)

What a beautiful place

RS

that reminds me .... I still have rental car key from last year .... oops!

trutje Jun 6th 2007 4:17 pm

Re: Back from Barbados

Originally Posted by Rumswizz (Post 4880420)

What a beautiful place

RS

Most definatly don't know the difference between left or right:lol:
Always had a problem with following their directions, it was easier to get them in the car with you:thumbup: