Area to live?

Old Oct 4th 2018, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Piglet23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Area to live?

Hi, when we move in January, my husband will be working in Bridgetown.... we don’t know much about different areas in Barbados so looking for ideas.... needs to be in decent commute distance, near good supermarket, near beach, friendly , within walking distance for me (so I don’t get cabin fever) to things I can get to for social needs.....
Old Oct 5th 2018, 3:02 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Area to live?

ok.. well. firstly. Working in Bridgetown may actually NOT be correct. While Bridgetown is the capital city, much depends on what type of business he is in an where the actual business is located.. as in physical address.. people will say Bridgetown, but it might not be exactly there. if it is.. maybe the South Coast.. Hasting/Worthing area or Lower West Coast.. Fitts Village, or even Holetown area. (middle west coast). Nothing is very far from anything in Barbados. and we have a great bus service as well. it may also be good to know what type of Budget for rental.. as the West Coast is generally going to be more expense for rent than South Coast

The only other thing to make sure of.. is that the work permit is in order. if he is moving to Barbados for work, and not a Barbadian or Caribbean national, the company would have to provide a work permit before he can start work ..
Old Oct 7th 2018, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Well, like I said it’s Bridgetown....yes we know all about work permits etc.... was just asking advice on which areas to live with the search criteria......
Old Oct 7th 2018, 2:42 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Coastal - Hastings, Worthing, Fitts Village, Holetown, inland slightly - Rendezvous, Highgate Gardens, Fort George Heights, Wildey, Warrens,

All within maybe 10 to 15 min drive to Bridgetown depending on the time of day. close enough to supermarkets and nightlife..

Please understand.. I'm not trying to be rude. you asked .. I advised. his job may actually NOT be in Bridgetown Proper.. it might be listed that way. .but may not actually be.. or on the outskirts. The above are close enough .. and close to supermarkets .. mostly..

I live in the middle of the island in St. George.. .and I'm only about 20 - 30 min drive from just about anywhere in Barbados.. but our speed limit is 30/40/60KPph and only 80kph on a small stretch or our highways..
Old Oct 7th 2018, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks.... no worries.....just that all the maps I’ve looked at showing which parts are classed as Bridgetown include where her will be working....but will have a look at these areas thanks
Old Oct 7th 2018, 7:42 pm

So .This whole area is considered Bridgetown on the map, but it really isn't... the area just around where it says Bridgetown is the City of Bridgetown. . up the left coast (west coast) is Brandons Beach, Paradise Beach, Batts Rock, Fitts Village and north from there is Holetown/Sunset Crest...

Under the word Bridgetown where it says Bayshore Beach..that whole half moon looking bay is Carlisle Bay.. there are areas around there to live.. however.. not necessarily where you want to be living. further along from where it says Hilton Hotel.. to where it says Worthing.. is the Hastings Area. .. again.. some places in there are fine.. others may not be..

and see where it says.. Chefette Charles Rowe Bridge on the middle right of the map?? That's already in the parish of St. George.. and I live about 5 to 7 min from there by car.. .. so .. not very far from anywhere.. but .. it's actually not in Bridgetown..

hope this helps..

Old Oct 11th 2018, 5:14 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Sunnie - people like to say I live in London which covers such a big area that much of it is not even London lol. When people say I live in Bridgetown I ask which parish just as we would ask in UK which Borough