Archaeological Digs

Old Nov 26th 2009, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough
Default Archaeological Digs

I would like to add that I am sorry that no one in Barbados is doing any archaeological digs to discover more remains form the Amerindians, esp as they are now digging up most of Six Mens to build a new marina...

It seems a pity that more of the past is not being saved in order to add to the education process

Maybe someone is doing this work, if anyone knows I would be interested in finding out. My husband has long wanted to open an Arawack Village to depict how life was when the first people came to Barbados but sadly there is no funding available for this type of cultural experience in Barbados, we have to the land on which to build it, just not the funds...

Edited to add - sorry Dipity for replying to this, just thought it may lead to some information that could be of use - happy to start a new thread though...