Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Anything new in barbados to see and do?

Anything new in barbados to see and do?

Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

tulipknife is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Anything new in barbados to see and do?

Managed to move all my work for a week so we can get a week in the sunshine.

Anyone know of anything new we should check out or anything old that we maybe haven't.

We will be there at the end of september so looking for new stuff to do.

Only 6 weeks to go
Old Aug 20th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anything new in barbados to see and do?

Kinda begs the question "what have you already done?"

There is a new restaurant in Warrens, just inland from the Darcy Scott roundabout (at Simpson Motors) on H2. The name has escaped me, but I'm pretty sure it's got Paulo in the name, and it's attached to the Lord Willoughby. It's a Brazilian place.

Anyway, it's pretty cool (but pricey - about $100 (BB) per person). You pay a flat fee and get unlimited food - salad is self-serve buffet-style, meat is brought to you by the staff. They use a red & green card system - when you want meat, you place your card green side up and the waiters will bring all sorts of meats to you. When you need a break, put your card red side up and they will leave you alone.

Not a place for vegetarians, unfortunately. I also didn't see anyone bringing around fish. It was mostly pork, chicken, steak, lamb, sausage. But it was very tasty! Also, the restaurant itself is very pretty and architecturally interesting (to me). I think it used to be a plantation house?

As I've only been here a month and a half, I'm not too sure what's new and what's old
Old Aug 20th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tulipknife
Managed to move all my work for a week so we can get a week in the sunshine.

Anyone know of anything new we should check out or anything old that we maybe haven't.

We will be there at the end of september so looking for new stuff to do.

Only 6 weeks to go

Hi can't remember if you have children or not. If you do there is a new Splash Zone at ocean park which is fun for children. Take a swimsuit and towel so they can run round in the fontains and water sprays.

Foxy - am going to try out the Brazilian place soon I think!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think you'll enjoy it!

I noticed they have high-chairs there, too, in case you were thinking about bringing the kids.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

Thanks Foxy - is it just dinner or do they do lunch too?

S
Old Aug 20th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Funny, I asked that same thing! I believe the answer was that they are only open for dinner.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

tulipknife is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Anything new in barbados to see and do?

Originally Posted by Foxy_fromCanada

There is a new restaurant in Warrens, just inland from the Darcy Scott roundabout (at Simpson Motors) on H2. The name has escaped me, but I'm pretty sure it's got Paulo in the name, and it's attached to the Lord Willoughby. It's a Brazilian place.

Anyway, it's pretty cool (but pricey - about $100 (BB) per person). You pay a flat fee and get unlimited food - salad is self-serve buffet-style, meat is brought to you by the staff. They use a red & green card system - when you want meat, you place your card green side up and the waiters will bring all sorts of meats to you. When you need a break, put your card red side up and they will leave you alone.

Not a place for vegetarians, unfortunately. I also didn't see anyone bringing around fish. It was mostly pork, chicken, steak, lamb, sausage. But it was very tasty! Also, the restaurant itself is very pretty and architecturally interesting (to me). I think it used to be a plantation house?

As I've only been here a month and a half, I'm not too sure what's new and what's old
Thanks foxy, always looking for nice places to eat especially if they are pretty and historic. Not sure if my wife would enjoy it though as she is vegetarian but good to know anyway.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Rumswizz is an unknown quantity at this point

Must go and try this place out........love Churrascaria's. We wanted to go back in May but the place wasn't open......glad someone has tried it out.

Originally Posted by Foxy_fromCanada

Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have NO problem being the forum's official restaurant tester!