Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Any one know ''Cesarean delivery cost in Barbados QEH hospital?

Any one know ''Cesarean delivery cost in Barbados QEH hospital?

Old Nov 8th 2010, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

baris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any one know ''Cesarean delivery cost in Barbados QEH hospital?

My wife is willing to delivery the baby in Barbados.She is already 26 weeks pregnant.
And I have checked all the hospital from the net I found 1 goverment hospital which is QEH in Barbados.
I could not learn how much will it be the cost in QEH for cesarean operation in Barbados Dollar? or US$
We do not have any insurance .
I want to have an Idea '' How much will it be cost for us to have cesarian operation in QEH with all extra costs..'' I know that I can not afford for private hospital..
By the way we are not a resident of Barbados is this also extra manner?

Any of friend can tell us or learn about this costs for cesarian Delivery in QEH?

I really appreciate for all kind response.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any one know ''Cesarean delivery cost in Barbados QEH hospital?

I'm sorry I can't help with your questions but I was in Barbados last week and everything was very expensive compared to the other islands close by. hopefully someone living there will be able to help you.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:00 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

ok.. soo here is the question. do you live in Barbados?? or are you just coming on holiday.. or do you just want to have a child in Barbados for the child to have citizenship.. sorry to sound harsh but your question and comments are bit confusing.

look at http://www.qehconnect.com/index.php and see if you can send an e-mail to ask this question.

http://www.bayviewhospital.com.bb/index.htm you may also want to contact Bayview just to get an idea of cost as well.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Yes, actually we are foreigner couple and willing to come to Barbados for holiday basis. and plus we are willing to our kid get dual citizenship.So thats why I am asking all this questions.So We want our kids born in Barbados and get Barbados & our country citizenship.As a dual citizenship.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:38 am
Just Joined

We do not live in Barbados.We just want to have a child in Barbados for the child to have citizenship.
So thats why I am checking the real costs
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

bamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nice

Sorry to wonder, but , you have no insurance , cannot afford to pay for it.
As a visitor at the QEH you will pay private rates anyhow.
Why would you want to come to Barbados.
It sounds as if you will use the citizenship of your baby as a means to apply yourself, which I am not sure is going to work, specially nowadays.

Sorry, but something in your story does not sound right.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Actually you got me wrong.
We just want our baby has dual citizenship.It is not that we are willing to use the babies citizenship to get Barbados citizenship.Not that. We only want our kids gets that citizenship thats all.
We are ready to pay the hospital costs.But what we know that private hospital costs maybe 2-3 times more than QEH costs.

So we are just planing to prepare our budget and wonder how much it will be cost.
If we had that Idea we could have an international insurance and use it before 5-6 monts...

anyhow I may not make my points clearly.
It is not about parents it is about the child citizenship.
Cos we dont want to live in barbados we are already nicely settle up in our country.
But as our kid will have dual citizenship so kid can use this extra opportunity .
That is my real comments
Old Nov 9th 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

bamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nice

I would check your info, because I understand you and your wife have no status in Barbados , which means your child is not automatically given citizenship.
It will take a little more than that.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 11:44 am
Just Joined

What I know is according to Barbados law ''jus soli'' 9 External links

Definition of Barbadian citizenship
By birth:
Section 4 of the Constitution of Barbados defines citizens of Barbados as "Every person born in Barbados after the 29th November 1966."

The only exceptions are persons born on Barbadian soil whose parents possess diplomatic immunity and aren't Barbadian citizens, or children of enemy occupiers of Barbadian soil,[4] or if neither parent is a citizen of Barbados (except in certain situations of statelessness for the child, where the mother is a Barbadian citizen -- or a UK/Colonies citizen if the birth was prior to 30 Nov 1966, or if the mother cannot be determined), or persons born aboard foreign-registered vessels located in Barbados
Old Nov 9th 2010, 11:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No idea of costs or anything like that but would like to point out, if you're not aware or have forgotten, that the airlines have a strict policy about flying in the late stages of pregnancy. Also unless your wife is destined to have a caesarian anyway for health reasons, I have no idea why you or she would think having one is a good idea. She certainly wouldn't be able to fly for a fair while afterwards.

So added to the cost of the birth in the hospital you'd have to add about three months worth of holiday accommodation.

Even if I thought it a good idea, my husband would do his nut and assume I'd lost the plot. No citizenship is worth that, especially when the country you're choosing doesn't use your first language.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

The only exceptions are persons born on Barbadian soil whose parents possess diplomatic immunity and aren't Barbadian citizens, or children of enemy occupiers of Barbadian soil,[4] or if neither parent is a citizen of Barbados (except in certain situations of statelessness for the child, where the mother is a Barbadian citizen -- or a UK/Colonies citizen if the birth was prior to 30 Nov 1966, or if the mother cannot be determined), or persons born aboard foreign-registered vessels located in Barbados
You want to check on that.

Beats me why you would want your child to be Barbadian, barbados is hardly the paradise people seem to think it is when they have never been there. And if you are willing to go through all this trouble, I would pick a country that would benefit the child, no one can live on sunshine alone.

Check the new "green paper" on immigration.

Last edited by bamiskados; Nov 9th 2010 at 2:39 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:00 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baris
What I know is according to Barbados law ''jus soli'' 9 External links

Definition of Barbadian citizenship
By birth:
Section 4 of the Constitution of Barbados defines citizens of Barbados as "Every person born in Barbados after the 29th November 1966."

Let me advise you that the current government is in the process of changing this part of the constitution.

You cannot just walk into Barbados, especially if your wife is that many months pregnant (the airlines don't let you travel after a certain date) and expect to have a baby and automatically get citizenship. There are families in Barbados who have been here for years, have bajan children, provide income for others through business they have brought with them and operate from here.. and those people still do not have citizenship because they have been turned down.

I'm telling you .. do not think for one second that you will automatically get citizenship and please don't even come here to visit.. we do not need people like you coming to barbados.. someone can ban me know, but somehow I doubt that will happen.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Sunny, I back you completely in this, they will have to ban me too!

And somewhere I wonder if this is a windup , like ones we had before on this forum.

Last edited by bamiskados; Nov 10th 2010 at 11:03 am. Reason: addition
Old Nov 10th 2010, 8:58 pm

Bam.. I do recall other threads like this.. and i'm fairly certain the mods have no problem with my answer or your agreeing with it.. I haven't offended anyone, I'm simply stating fact.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

I am not really worried about getting banned about something so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.