Allergist - reference?

Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Allergist - reference?

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if you need a referral from your doctor to see an allergist? Are there even any Allergists on the island? A look in the phone book brought up a big zero. Not sure if that falls under dermatology, maybe.

Sorry if this overlaps my Naturopath thread - I think it's different, but understand if the mods need to merge it.

Thanks,
Foxy
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

RAZZMATAZZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Allergist - reference?

Daughter had an allergy affecting her sin and breathing which they figured may have had something to do with her sleeping with too many fluffies in the bed.She was sent to a dermatologist,I think it was in Belleville,but I don't believe you need a referral from your gp (why pay twice).
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Razz, good to know. You're right: why pay twice?
Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:33 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

funny enough.. just got a "this and that bajan" e-mail about a place called Healthy Solutions. tel: 431-0786 or email [email protected] .. located in Rowans Plantation Yarde in St. George . first thing on the list they say is Alergy testing and elimiation.. call and see what it is about.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you - I noticed them in the phone book, and then just yesterday I was asking around and someone recommended them too.