Advise on Current scenario

Old May 23rd 2008, 6:01 am
Just Joined

sgaur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advise on Current scenario

hi there, i am reading the posts on this site with keen interest. I have observed that most of you make really good contribution, which help a lot of people.
I am from India and have lived in The UK for 6 years. Right now I am Based In India and planning to come to Barbados as i got a job offer from University at cave hill. The job is for a minimum for 3 years. I am Planning to move with my spouse, a daughter who will be18 in August and a son who is 13.
I would really appreciate if i can get right piece of advise about few doubts that are there in my mind.
I am also open to your suggestions to make me my family life comfortable.

I would like to live near the cave Hill campus (or any other area you suggest) so , what would be the rent of two / three bed furnished apartment.
Education for my kids is a very important issue so what type of education scenario is there with education and admission procedures.
Transport scenario like Public Transport / buying a Car
Cost of living...... this issue been discussed a number of times, but i am looking for the current information.
looking forward for the advise
Thanks
Dr. Scott

Last edited by sgaur; May 23rd 2008 at 6:14 am.
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:59 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advise on Current scenario

Hi Dr Scott

I am happy to help with a start off discussion - I remember all to well what it was like having to make this kind of adjustment (I live in barbados and work back and forth in Uk) I prefer to have an interactive conversation rather than blog - have just left you a private message. Feel free to contact me.

Serendipidy