Advice on Selling Goods

Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:45 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice on Selling Goods

What have people found as the best way to sell things like household goods?

As most of ya know im selling up my stuff but am really loathe to have a garage sale with loads of strangers trapsing though the house - also someone said thats when people expect something for nothing is that true?

Someone else mentioned to put the list on "This and That Bajan" but i cant for the life of me work out how to do that on their site!

I know there is the newspaper option but any other innovative ideas??
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Advice on Selling Goods

If you email me your list with prices etc I can circulate it to some toddler groups and see if there are any takers from that. You can also put your items on FB Marketplace.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 9:52 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

for this and that, you have to send her a flyer or give her the information and she will (for a fee) produce the flyer, of your items and then e-mail it out. The cost is minimal..

also send me a list as well and I'll circulate for you.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

bimtrader - http://www.facebook.com/BimTrader or [email protected]

They send things out like ThisNThat Bajan does.

Good luck.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

bamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nicebamiskados is just really nice

A add in the Nation usually works well, specially if you specify the larger items, Big B used to have a board where notices could be put up, not certain if you can still do that, but that used to work well.
Spread the word in the expat scene for newcomers who are now starting, I will spread the word to my daughters and their friends.
But the nation is my best bet, advertize the large items, and a garage sale for the smaller items, I have good experience with both.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Cuchullain is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you selling a car Serendipity?

Just wondering; as I will be in the market for one soon, hopefully!!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 6:37 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cuchullain
Are you selling a car Serendipity?

Just wondering; as I will be in the market for one soon, hopefully!!
Nah a friends gonna hold on to my car for when "I return" lol