6 months visa

Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

summersj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 6 months visa

hello everyone, please advise me....

If i can get a 6 month visa to visit the island am i right in thinking it is classed as a 6 month holiday. ie no working at all?? even if i set up a small company employing locals and leave after 6 months, then return??

how long do u have to leave for before re entering the island for a further 6months?

and how easy is it for a 26 year old from the UK to get these 6months visas?

oh and can u keep coming and going every 6months or do they soon catch on ?? and then what??

thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:32 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 months visa

In theory you are entitled to a 6 month visa but it is very likely that you will be given 1 month on entry at the airport and then have to go down to immigration for form filling and a mini interview to extend.

The visa will state working is prohibited - not sure how you would think you could set up a business and employ locals and shut it down in 6 months - takes about that long to set up a bank account and business alone. Just cos you set up a business does not mean you can work for it - a work permit is a completely separate issue.

With the previous gov you could virtually come and go as you want - currently they are giving a lot of people a hard time and asking questions like why are you back so soon and how are you earning money.

I think your concept is to come and go every 6 months and in theory to live there but those days are gone - right now they are coming down hard on who can come and go and for how long