3 or 6 Month Ticket

Old Apr 30th 2015, 11:49 am
Just Joined

buster0204 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 or 6 Month Ticket

Hi, sure this has been asked before but can't find it.

What is the max time immigration at the airport will stamp my passport, 3 or 6 months. Don't want to buy a 6 month ticket if there is no chance.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 2:55 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 or 6 Month Ticket

Hi yes your right it has and bottom line is its a lottery...you could get from a week to 6 months dependant on your situation age and reason for travel and who you get at the immigration desk.....6 months tend to be given to people who live there or are retired.

You may get 3 months at airport but then you can go to bridgetown and ask for an extension however they wont review it until when your ticket is nearly due and then they may take a while to grant or deny etc

My suggestion would be play safe buy 3 months then go for an extension and adjust your ticket date..once you apply for it you are there legally

Dips
Old Apr 30th 2015, 3:18 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

On that 3 or 6 month entrance stamp - are British citizens that are either 'self-sufficient' or 'retired' allowed to remain or stay longer to indefinite?

If so, what conditions, or the requirement need to be met?
Old Apr 30th 2015, 5:48 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
On that 3 or 6 month entrance stamp - are British citizens that are either 'self-sufficient' or 'retired' allowed to remain or stay longer to indefinite?

If so, what conditions, or the requirement need to be met?
Each case is judged on its own merits but it wont be attached to that entrance stamp thats a whole new application and time and money to process
Old Apr 30th 2015, 8:44 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that info ....
Old May 9th 2015, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

buster0204 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Dips

We have purchased land and intend to build ourselves (of couse using some local labour where required as my hubby is a builder.). Would this give us more clout when trying to extend ticket and if we have to leave the island how long would it be for?
Old May 11th 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by buster0204
Thanks Dips

We have purchased land and intend to build ourselves (of couse using some local labour where required as my hubby is a builder.). Would this give us more clout when trying to extend ticket and if we have to leave the island how long would it be for?
No as far as I am aware merely owning land means nothing in relation to status so unless you have legal status to reside you will only get the same rights as any other visitor ...Barbados has immigration laws very similar to UK just cos you brought a house or land in UK it would not afford you any immigration status however it would be justification for applying for your extensions...handy tip here DO NOT mention your husband is going to be bulding it they could class that as work .

Someone else might be able to comment here but as to how long u have to leave for it depends on how long u have been there I always got the feeling any more than 3 months in a 12 month period raises questions...it will be interesting to see other house builders experiences in coming and going
Old May 12th 2015, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Bentham is an unknown quantity at this point

You can leave the island and return three days later. Some of my colleagues did that before their work permit was ready. The only thing is that you must have a return ticket again.
Old May 13th 2015, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Bentham
You can leave the island and return three days later. Some of my colleagues did that before their work permit was ready. The only thing is that you must have a return ticket again.
Was this recently? I am suprised to hear that this is happening because the buzz I have heard is that returning within 3 months of your last trip causes questions at immigration? if you went to Trinidad for 3 days for instance after being 3 months in Barbados on a 3 month stamp and then came back and ask for another 3 months would they not ask you on what grounds?
Old May 13th 2015, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Bentham is an unknown quantity at this point

It was recently. However, it was just one case and,as I have noticed, every officer in every state service may have their own personal law. One immigration officer thought that people with a work permit do not have to fill in the departure form, another thought they do have. One tax officer told me that I may claim return for a child who is not Barbadian, another said no. My hint is to call or to visit the service, to ask a question, to write down the name of the person who answered and then refer to this if in trouble. Then they act in my favour. I would contact the immigration department and ask if I could return to BBS in three days. As a lawyer myself, I do not see any problem: if a tourist has enough money to cover their expenses in BBS and did not infringe the conditions of the previous visa why not? But state officials' answers here may be not based on any law.

Last edited by Bentham; May 13th 2015 at 11:21 am.